Subwoofer suggestion 12inch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well I want to have home sub-woofer that has 12 inch and over 1200w at 4ohm load what could you suggest me to have or is there something could fit to be best in home use?

A pair of Eminence Lab 12 (6 ohm nominal) would be 3 ohm in parallel, handle 800 watts without exceeding Xmax.

The design may end up fairly flat in a corner or by a wall.
If you raise the Fb to 36 Hz, the F3 is 31 Hz and response very flat.

Attachments

• 2x12 19 Fb.jpg
    2x12 19 Fb.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 539
but I can't have Eminence Lab 12 because its not available here. could I use Pioneer TS-W3002D4 instead?

Hi, Using the Pioneer TS-W3002D4 car driver: Would IMO be a challenge to fold, but could if seriously worked(not screwing the shown CSA:s) out to be a very good T-TQWT performer if not driven to hard:

b:)

Attachments

• 2xPioneerTS-W3002D4_65L_T-TQWT.JPG
    2xPioneerTS-W3002D4_65L_T-TQWT.JPG
    650.4 KB · Views: 470
Hi, Using the Pioneer TS-W3002D4 car driver: Would IMO be a challenge to fold, but could if seriously worked(not screwing the shown CSA:s) out to be a very good T-TQWT performer if not driven to hard:

b:)
mm then what should have as amp?
I have these to test with:
590W 8R load amp
"could I use dual driver for them then the driven power is not so hard to handle?"
1200W 4R load amp
"for this one do you suggest one driver that handle 80% of the power load"
2200W 4R load amp
"4x driver in stereo mod is this good enough?"
all amp I already make them from chip amp class A/B with filters special to output sub driver.
for the remain part car driver I think just an idea, but when get back to previous one what I could use as home powerful 12inch driver?
I just have these available now:
-Sony - XS-LD126P5B
-JBL GT5-12D
-JBL W3v3
-Pioneer TS-W1208D4
-Sony xsl126p5b
-Pioneer TS-W1208D2
-Kenwood KFC W3012
-Sony XS L126P5 Xplod
-Clarion SW1251
what do you think from previous is best fit for home use?
sorry for the amount of information I provide I know its little but that is the reason I ask more to make sure I have good one from the available.
another thing do I need to make sealed one or its depend on the driver I use?

Just asking, but you have heard of mail order?
You can get anything from all over the world... just a thought.

And, there is no "best" driver, it all depends on your room and how you use it... best read up
on enclosure types and look at what other people have done - then maybe copy a design that is already built that you like and you know works?

_-_-bear

Just asking, but you have heard of mail order?
You can get anything from all over the world... just a thought.

And, there is no "best" driver, it all depends on your room and how you use it... best read up
on enclosure types and look at what other people have done - then maybe copy a design that is already built that you like and you know works?

_-_-bear
well if I have the ability to get the shipment as mail I'll never ask again for help :p
anyway it because I can't have this shipment to Syria here I can't pay with credit if you don't know that I'm telling you right now:(
for the enclosure types I can buy one but I consider to build one myself cause I'll enjoy to listen to them as they're live, and add I want to learn how to build one if you don't mind:rolleyes:
sure I'll consider this as compliment and wait to hear anything related to the topic here :cool:

hi! Hosam i've just designed the vented box for my friend. used 15" driver ,he bought JBL 1500GTi i see the list of the drivers that u posted. a lot of them are difficult to know the parameter. but i only know some parameter. i think i like Clarion SW1251. Hosam MTX T4512.04 & 4512.44 are not expensive and seem good. at about 2009 i ever used the rockfordfosgate P2D412 to installed in closed box. it worked fine. Hosam try to download win isd program,it's free and best to design closed,vented,bp4,bp6 boxes. and u can learn it from this web or another web. u can find the articles "win isd for beginner" from many websites. and this's the pic rockfordfosgate P2D412 that i built for my friend.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

well I want to have home sub-woofer that has 12 inch and over 1200w at 4ohm load what could you suggest me to have or is there something could fit to be best in home use?

When driving, having an excellent car audio system creates an enjoyable experience, as the right music can take your mind off of long drives, or hours stuck in traffic. When cars roll off the assembly line, they are usually outfitted with a competent sound system.

JBL CS1214 are very good value for money if you can find some. Here you can see real world graphs of close mic response of the sealed ones I have built (ignore SPL). They are spot on the modelling software results. I have a thread in another forum but I am not sure if I am allowed to link.

I have 8 of these which theoretically can surpass 2x Ultimax 18-22. If you are short on space these are great ported. These are also cheaper than wood so going multiple may be desired.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-11 at 17.48.29.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-11 at 17.48.29.png
    413.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.