Our Newest 2X18 Subs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These are really solid from 40 - 200. They are made to go in pairs, so they should, with processing, and sitting like a single unit get pretty close to 30. Tops are finished too. Each set takes AT LEAST 4000 watts @ 4 ohm to run, and should get 6000. Before they get processed, just the horn brings there output to over 110 db, with the drivers we are using. Pretty excited to get the alpha builds done. 3 versions of the tops coming soon.

Attachments

• SPR_2X18_SUB_1.1-2.jpg
    SPR_2X18_SUB_1.1-2.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 316
  • SPR_2X18_SUB_1.1.jpg
    SPR_2X18_SUB_1.1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 293
Thanks - Although I have not taken actual data yet (outside) it models crossing 30hz at above unity for the driver, which is tuned at 32 hz. Long story short, it is already at 100db at 30hz, and well over 110 at 40hz.... For 1 driver in half of the cabinet :). It is designed to be combined in pairs or quads in the vertical position. That is why there is no top and bottom bracing in the verticals. I will CNC a large piece of aluminum that will hold the boxes together, and double as a 3-way top mounting extender on the high side, so we can run 4 tops on this stack without them falling off. Or - Vibrating off.

The only thing I don't like a j-bin is that you see the driver. This is totally my personal taste. I either like bass-reflex boxes with 2 big drivers, or I like boxes that hide the drivers completely. I realize the j-bin or scooper is a really complex reflex box, but I always wonder why you would spend so much time building all of those cool internal parts, and not locate the driver inside the cabinet. I guess, for me, I like the idea that loud sound is coming from some magic box...LOL

someone who like the turbo bass bin because the sound of it likes w-bin. but i like BP6 more than or j-bin for low bass. and your sub seems work well as the same:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.