2 18 bass design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Its been ages since I visited you guys. Reason being, I've been contented with this build until the boxes sat around for a bit too long and the termites devoured them.

I have decided to try a new simple build just to have a decent place to put the selenium drivers. So, I used bbp to model. Everything looked OK at 40hz. The problem is, being the novice that I am, I never paid attention to the port velocity until I completed the building. No test done as yet but I am only now worried about the *chuffing* . The port velocity shows at 17m/s at 600 watts (per driver enclosure) when I could have easily made the 4 triangle ports larger and longer and have a way much less port velocity.

I would like to know if I can tweak anything to make it better without having to take to ports apart since I've already put the carpet on the outside and It's going to be difficult to access the screws. Or shouldn't I even bother as it may not be audible enough to affect the performance?

A very foolish move to build without double checking everything. I hope I don't have to to pay a dear price for that.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.