An on-line store in Australia / New Zealand to order subwoofer drivers and amps? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th January 2002, 08:23 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default An on-line store in Australia / New Zealand to order subwoofer drivers and amps?

Because according to UPS and FedEx - its going to cost me about US$300 just to ship a Dayton 12" sub driver and a PartsExpress 250W plate amp to New Zealand?

USA citizens - be thankful! (In these cases I wish I did not live on the bottom of the world :-)
Old 11th January 2002, 11:15 AM   #2
f4ier is offline f4ier  Australia
diyAudio Member

Try Adire Audio products, namely Shiva and Tempest, the authorized Australian distributor is Acoustic Concepts -- http://www.acousticconcepts.com.au Their plate amp is also the best I've seen here in Australia (based on specifications; compared with ones from Jaycar Electronics and Altronics).

HTH, good luck!
Old 12th January 2002, 08:17 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hey 4fier,

Thanks for the web site! I swear I searched high and low and didn't find anything!

BTW - how do they Tempest / Shiva drivers compare to Dayton?

I want to build a closed box sub - mainly used for music. I presume the Shiva 12" will be more transient which is more important to me than bass extension or SPL - therefore I want a musical sub?

Do you have any experience with the Tempest / Shiva drivers (compared to anything else?)

Would you recommend an Isobarik or other sub setup for music than a single 12" in a lower order Q box?

PS: I downloaded your subwoofer simulation tool - Ilike it! - very easy to use... looking forward to the closed box modelling.

Thanks for your help
Dave.
Old 12th January 2002, 10:28 AM   #4
Warp Engineer
On Holiday

Basically, unless there is a very specific reason for using isobarik you shouldnt use it. If you've got the floor space, dual tempests are WICKED!
Old 12th January 2002, 08:39 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

You could also check out WES Components Sydney...
http://www.wescomponents.com
They have a range of long throw Danish Peerless subwoofers 10" to 12" ranging in price from Oz$ 159 to $ 199 ea. If you want something bigger, they also stock Cervin Vega 15" subwoofers for $ 259 ea for the dual coil.
You could combine any one of these with the mosfet amp for a suitable system...
Cheers,
tomcat
Old 13th January 2002, 07:12 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

All,

Thanks for the advice and sites

Dave.

Hide this!Advertise here!