Bass Horn Build (The Thunderbolt)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• P1010015.JPG
    P1010015.JPG
    573.9 KB · Views: 474
Lots of info/pics etc here http://www.audiovoice-acoustics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234

Back in business Vitavox Hifi - Vitavox continues to build on this illustrious history hand crafting components to power some of the world's finest loudspeaker systems

Drivers Deco Audio Drive Units :eek:

Vitavox CN-191 Classic in Walnut: £46,520

Vitavox CN-191 Classic in Walnut with side Baffles: £48,804

Deco Audio Speakers3

Talk about inflation :D

I was able to actually hear the CN-191's at a HiFi dealer some years ago. I took in a selection of good quality 12" singles to listen to. My impression was, sure they were efficient/loud, & had that realism sorta sound that only horns have. But, they had no real bass, the overall response sound uneven, & the top end was limited & splashy. The cabinets looked like something from 1931 too ! I've heard a lot worse, but wouldn't think of parting with my $ for them.

Maybe in the 50/60's & early 70's they were a revelation at the time, but since then things have progressed, significantly. Great for nostalga though ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.