are thes hr inputs correct - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2011, 03:16 PM   #1
epa is offline epa  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: amsterdam
Default are thes hr inputs correct

i moddeled this design just for fun.
its rellativ small design 4 pa use but with an f3 off ~30 hz
could someone take a look at it and see if my aproach is correct,or how i must aproach this different please?
internal dept is 47 cm
vtc =50ltrs
atc= 27 cm
s1=s2=s3= 17,5cm*47cm=822.5 cm
s4=24.2cm*47cm= 1137cm
s5=32cm*47cm=1504cm
l1>l3=162 cm
l3>l4=53 cm
l4>l5=23cm
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by epa; 7th January 2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: typo
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 05:17 PM   #2
epa is offline epa  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: amsterdam
atc must be ltc
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 11:04 PM   #3
Xoc1 is offline Xoc1  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member
 
Xoc1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Devon UK
Epa
I sketched out something very similar to this only yesterday!
The Martinson type TH fold seems to be a good candidate for adding a bandpass compression chamber to.
As was discussed in this DIYaudio thread
Cube horn design?
You can make a approximation of the response with Hornresp, but this is really a job for Akabak
I have started to make some inroads into using Akabak by exporting the data from Hornresp and then editing the script to add extra sections.
__________________
My daughters music
http://soundcloud.com/zoey-phillips
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2011, 11:21 PM   #4
epa is offline epa  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: amsterdam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoc1 View Post
Epa
I sketched out something very similar to this only yesterday!
The Martinson type TH fold seems to be a good candidate for adding a bandpass compression chamber to.
As was discussed in this DIYaudio thread
Cube horn design?
You can make a approximation of the response with Hornresp, but this is really a job for Akabak
I have started to make some inroads into using Akabak by exporting the data from Hornresp and then editing the script to add extra sections.
maybe i'll take akabak on .
i wil look in to the exporting thing ,this could help me get started.
tnx 4 the tip jason
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 06:39 PM   #5
tb46 is offline tb46  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Hi epa,

Looks good to me. I'll attach a sketch with some suggestions, but they wouldn't change your simulation substantially:

Regards,
Attached Files
File Type: pdf epa_2011_Jan09_suggestions.pdf (17.4 KB, 92 views)
__________________
Oliver

Last edited by tb46; 9th January 2011 at 06:46 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 07:40 PM   #6
epa is offline epa  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: amsterdam
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb46 View Post
Hi epa,

Looks good to me. I'll attach a sketch with some suggestions, but they wouldn't change your simulation substantially:

Regards,
tnx for your insight tb,
i was especially intrested if ltc aproximation was right.
i was thinking the same thing.as you sugested about the start point of the horn.
L2/3 wil be 3 cm longer.
i already took 8 ltrs of for the woofer and i can play around with the corner board to get the right volume.
  Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 08:34 PM   #7
tb46 is offline tb46  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Hi epa,

Yes, your Ltc approximation looks fine too. It doesn't really come into play when you use the chamber cross-section area times the internal box width for calculating Vtc. For Atc I suggest to use the area normal (at right angles) to the driver axis at the driver mounting board. There could be situations where using Ap1 and Lpt to couple the chamber to the horn would be helpful, but not here. Lately we have been using Par for the horn shape as this is purported to more closely resemble what we are building with parallel sides.

This would be a good starting point to export a Hornresp record for use in AkAbak.

Regards,
__________________
Oliver

Last edited by tb46; 9th January 2011 at 08:42 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 03:45 PM   #8
epa is offline epa  Netherlands
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: amsterdam
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb46 View Post
Hi epa,

Yes, your Ltc approximation looks fine too. It doesn't really come into play when you use the chamber cross-section area times the internal box width for calculating Vtc. For Atc I suggest to use the area normal (at right angles) to the driver axis at the driver mounting board. There could be situations where using Ap1 and Lpt to couple the chamber to the horn would be helpful, but not here. Lately we have been using Par for the horn shape as this is purported to more closely resemble what we are building with parallel sides.

This would be a good starting point to export a Hornresp record for use in AkAbak.

Regards,
ok all clear
when i have time,ill take akabak on.
tnx tb
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:40 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2