are thes hr inputs correct

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i moddeled this design just for fun.:p
its rellativ small design 4 pa use but with an f3 off ~30 hz
could someone take a look at it and see if my aproach is correct,or how i must aproach this different please?
internal dept is 47 cm
vtc =50ltrs
atc= 27 cm
s1=s2=s3= 17,5cm*47cm=822.5 cm
s4=24.2cm*47cm= 1137cm
s5=32cm*47cm=1504cm
l1>l3=162 cm
l3>l4=53 cm
l4>l5=23cm
qw30hz.jpg

Last edited:
Epa
I sketched out something very similar to this only yesterday! :eek:
The Martinson type TH fold seems to be a good candidate for adding a bandpass compression chamber to.
As was discussed in this DIYaudio thread
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/179479-cube-horn-design.html
You can make a approximation of the response with Hornresp, but this is really a job for Akabak:)
I have started to make some inroads into using Akabak by exporting the data from Hornresp and then editing the script to add extra sections.

Epa
I sketched out something very similar to this only yesterday! :eek:
The Martinson type TH fold seems to be a good candidate for adding a bandpass compression chamber to.
As was discussed in this DIYaudio thread
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/179479-cube-horn-design.html
You can make a approximation of the response with Hornresp, but this is really a job for Akabak:)
I have started to make some inroads into using Akabak by exporting the data from Hornresp and then editing the script to add extra sections.
maybe i'll take akabak on .
i wil look in to the exporting thing ,this could help me get started.
tnx 4 the tip jason;)

Hi epa,

Looks good to me. I'll attach a sketch with some suggestions, but they wouldn't change your simulation substantially:

Regards,
tnx for your insight tb,
i was especially intrested if ltc aproximation was right.
i was thinking the same thing.as you sugested about the start point of the horn.
L2/3 wil be 3 cm longer.
i already took 8 ltrs of for the woofer and i can play around with the corner board to get the right volume.

Hi epa,

Yes, your Ltc approximation looks fine too. It doesn't really come into play when you use the chamber cross-section area times the internal box width for calculating Vtc. For Atc I suggest to use the area normal (at right angles) to the driver axis at the driver mounting board. There could be situations where using Ap1 and Lpt to couple the chamber to the horn would be helpful, but not here. Lately we have been using Par for the horn shape as this is purported to more closely resemble what we are building with parallel sides.

This would be a good starting point to export a Hornresp record for use in AkAbak.

Regards,

Last edited:
Hi epa,

Yes, your Ltc approximation looks fine too. It doesn't really come into play when you use the chamber cross-section area times the internal box width for calculating Vtc. For Atc I suggest to use the area normal (at right angles) to the driver axis at the driver mounting board. There could be situations where using Ap1 and Lpt to couple the chamber to the horn would be helpful, but not here. Lately we have been using Par for the horn shape as this is purported to more closely resemble what we are building with parallel sides.

This would be a good starting point to export a Hornresp record for use in AkAbak.

Regards,
ok all clear:)
when i have time,ill take akabak on.
tnx tb:up:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.