Amp goes into protect mode on high notes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Agreed , the amp I presume is seeing a 2ohm load, which I doubt it's rated for. In addition, it's more than likely producing 1/4-1/3 of it's advertised output, as has been my experience with these off brand amps (pyramid, legacy, boss, etc.)
Hopefully you didn't give up much coin for this stuff. Maybe scale back that hooch habit, and spend some more on amp/subs worth installing.

If i wire them in a series then it doesn't bump and thats what im going for.

DJK, I am running them in 4ch mode. I tried bridging over 2 channels and it wouldn't work. so i bought y connectors for the rca's and have 1 sub bridged over ch1 & ch2 and the other sub bridged on ch3 & ch4.

And what do you mean by running one driver per channel in 4ch mode?

"so i bought y connectors for the rca's and have 1 sub bridged over ch1 & ch2 and the other sub bridged on ch3 & ch4."

You can't do that.

"And what do you mean by running one driver per channel in 4ch mode? "

What part of that don't you understand? The amp has four channels, you have two loads. Pick any two channels and hook them up to one load each.

"If i wire them in a series then it doesn't bump and thats what im going for. "

Buy something different.

Just for the record, the reason the amp was cutting out was because I re-did the tinsel wiring myself and the solder gun loosened the connectors that hold the wire from the speaker to the enclosing box. Every time a certain note hit that caused allot of vibration it would shake the connectors too a point where they would mess up the circuit and short the amp. Took me almost 2 years to figure that **** out. The system slams now, But my amp remains complete garbage. As soon as i get cash it will be replaced, I highly reccomend these speakers though. Great quality

If i wire them in a series then it doesn't bump and thats what im going for.

It would seem you have a few choices.

1.) Operate the existing amplifier within it's limits and keep it from protecting itself by wiring the drivers in series.

2.) Continue to overdrive it as you have so that it "bumps" and protects itself whenever a note is played that dips below the impedance that it's comfortable with.

3.) Purchase a new amplifier.

:hohoho:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.