Cube horn design?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After building 4 Cubo 15 ext boxes and liking the design so much I build 2 Cubo Subs. I'd like to build some more and I'd like to model a few drives. I was wondering if anyone has input data for Cubo Sub in Horn Response?

Great design Johan! Here are some pictures :)

Edit - The boxes at the bottom of the stack are TH118 wannabes (first TH project ever)

Attachments

• Cubo Sub1.jpg
    Cubo Sub1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 652
  • Cuob Sub finished.jpg
    Cuob Sub finished.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 626
  • Cubo15 with TH118.jpg
    Cubo15 with TH118.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 627
Last edited:
have you had a chance to measure them and or play them out in the field

I'm cultivating relations with my company's hardware department that has a 1 pi chambers and hoping that I can land some time to measure... until then I can say that the cubo subs trounce on jbl srx 4719x cabinet for cabinet. At least in my exposure with them side by side. I realize this is not qualitative data but it's enough to drive the desire to build more! :D

Last edited:
I'm going to find the time to take measurements. I also meant to say 4pi not 1pi in my last response.

Thanks that would be really interesting.

I am very curious about the difference between the cubo 15 and the cubo 18, intuitively it makes me wonder if in such small horns, that there may be little difference between the two models. Obviously the Cubo Sub is a lot larger, not really a cube anymore.

Thanks that would be really interesting
+1

not really a cube anymore
Yeah, sorry about that, but if you make it 15 cm wider, it's a perfect cube again ;)

There's a noticeable difference between Cubo 15 and Cubo 18, perhaps more noticeable than the measurements show. See also this measurement of Cubo 15, 18 and an 18" reflex. As you can see (yellow vs. pink), the higher Sd "fills in the output between 60 - 100 Hz".

Cubo%2018%20Measurements(1).png

As for Cubo 15 vs. the SS15:

But directly compared...
2x SS15 got the best kick. Good intense attack. Medium good LF respons.
Cubo215 not as much kick and attack, but ALOT more LF response. Very powerfull around 50 to 80hz.

Best regards Johan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.