C/E/X PA Flat to 30 (FT30) PA TH Awesomeness

I recommend to brace the mouth with 3 small pieces of 18mmx50mm width x (length of bottom/left/right)

Like so:
y4mjc402e6DGYD5pSBn9ogrEFZkNBDcApAsqPDagGWCH8RMJDOuQuZ9THsEc2GLl9UTQEWaklkFPOOzyrnDbJy-PW4lXmRPHXNJG6EXLmIVoIzSTGgLatkjGdnhMNmxN46cH5d4SrcOslCyv7mRZvYN-AFAFwLvtcIR3Wcvlkw9SZtzujxVIkj59cOxQEHcYia04xXd_lyT4JEYxMIKG76fzw

This will really help control the flex of the mouth and adds small positive impact on output and frequency response. It also lessen the effect of a walking cabinet and also adds strength to the construction.

Last edited:
Here are some plots, first measurements ever. Out on pool deck, 30ft from house, sub pointed out over grass. Moved subs out of the way from one another when taking measurements to avoid interference. DBX mic 15-20ft from sub on the ground. Not calibrated for SPL at all.

I did a set of measurements with 27Hz LPF and 296Hz HPF and a set with 27Hz LPF and 80Hz HPF, with an additional plot with the LPF turned off.

Measurements were taken at a moderate volume.

I did a comparison between the two boxes to see what the difference was due to a slight build mistake on the first enclosure.

Attachments

• Comparison_Plot_no_HP.jpg
    Comparison_Plot_no_HP.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 325
  • Comparison Plot 80 Hz HP include no LPF.jpg
    Comparison Plot 80 Hz HP include no LPF.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 326
Also, 2nd one still needs duratex but wanted to use it for (low background music) for a get together....figured I'd take a pic.

Did a couple short duration volume checks (8 ohm drivers on bridged inuke 3000) and it was tremendous.

Havent been as excited about the way the tops sound but they were strictly a budget experiment and likely replaced as I keep piecing this system together.

Attachments

• 1125171418.jpg
    1125171418.jpg
    654.5 KB · Views: 450
tnx 4 the plots.
this is more a collaborated design,so creddits go to all who contributed.
i would like to know its lowest minimum excursion point.
all you need 4 that is a frequenty generator,put your finger on the cone and you wil feel were it is.
it should be in the low 30's
this is helpfull to determen the hpf,and also translation back to the sim.
verry nicely done:cheers:

I will do this next time I have them hooked up. Currently they are back in the "paint department" for duratex.

Did this design ever have a name? It would be nice to be able to refer to that when telling people...I have been generally referring to it by "mega sub" to my very tolerant wife as well as my friends....

Also, may end up building a couple more. The funny thing is I don't have a planned use for it, mostly nostalgia from 20 yrs ago having a PA and throwing parties/raves. No desire for late nights anymore....need to find a way to use it for mid day events.

Last edited: