Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th October 2013, 07:44 PM   #511
diyAudio Member

pics ? pics ?
Old 17th October 2013, 02:35 PM   #512
MemX is offline MemX  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott L View Post
It would be nice to see someone else (besides the regulars) actually build one and share the results.
I just built a pair based on my own "inside-out" theory. To be tested over the next few days.
As reccomended, I'll also start a new thread, because they aren't exactly ppsl.
I have drafted a design for a 2x18" PPSL, as per my thread I started, and hopefully I can get it drawn up properly (by hand as I haven't got the software/skills for rendering it on a computer!) in the near future.

I am pretty confident that it will have suitable output and sound good (although different to what I am used to and therefore may take some adjusting to!) but whether I can actually fit the drivers in easily on a box that I have commissioned and will arrive constructed, is another matter!
Old 28th December 2013, 04:52 AM   #513
jdubs is offline jdubs  United States
diyAudio Member

djk, what frequency range do you think your Eminence Kappa Pro-15LF-2 15" PPSL is capable of? Also, what kind of output through that frequency is it capable of?

Thanks,
Jim
Old 28th December 2013, 06:53 PM   #514
diyAudio Member

Im not a regular but I built a double 12" PPSL using infinity 1230w 's. I tuned it a little higher so I could enjoy music rather than movies but it will serve both purposes. Since I cant seem to upload pictures on this site you can see it here> https://db.tt/Q81RN44a I haven't done any outdoor testing because of neighbours but perhaps someday.

Last edited by Top Shelf; 28th December 2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: more
Old 29th December 2013, 08:54 AM   #515
diyAudio Member

nice, where did you tune it ?
Old 29th December 2013, 09:54 AM   #516
diyAudio Member

Well originally I was going for a 23 hz f3 at around 10 cubic feet then I took a good listen and decided that it was a little lean at that point. So I cut the box down to 7.3 cubic feet and retuned it to 30 hz with a fairly flat response ( not too peaky). I listen to edm so it was more enjoyable with a higher tuning.
All outside walls are 1" plywood and internal bracing is 3/4" glued and screwed. Duratex coating to finish.
I made it over a year ago so all my notes are nicely filed somewhere in my trash heap I call a workdesk.
I think it put out 123 db @ 37 hz with somewhere around 50 volts input in 2pi(from memory)
Sounds nice and clean all the way down to about 18 hz where motor noise becomes audible.

Hide this!Advertise here!