A Thread for those interested in PPSL enclosures

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
larry, you inspired me to do some more maths.

Attachments

• 21%22 ppsl para.jpg
    21%22 ppsl para.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 1,841
Tricks to reduce the rear corner volume of the plenum are to extend the midrange response, are you planning on running a pair of 21SW152-4 up into the midrange?

I wonder if it's possible to treat the cavity resonance by another means? For example, extend the cavity a bit, then fill it with just enough damping material to tame the resonance? Or is that too much bother for what can be dealt with via active filtering? :)

djk,

Was this inquiry for me? If so, no sir; purely aesthetic in nature. If not wise to pursue, I certainly will not do so.

I have no plans to run the IB > ~100Hz; ultimately, I'll utilize quad 21SW152-4 experimenting with LPF to best compliment my mains (Danley SH50/SH69/SH50).

I have no experience with an IB install; I plan to run one pair in IB, and a second pair in 12 cubes sealed. I'll measure and listen for which alignment I prefer. Regardless of install, the drivers shall enjoy a PPSL orientation...

Tricks to reduce the rear corner volume of the plenum are to extend the midrange response, are you planning on running a pair of 21SW152-4 up into the midrange?

Attachments

• TC Sounds LMS 5400 DTS wannabe - dual - 4 kW each.gif
    TC Sounds LMS 5400 DTS wannabe - dual - 4 kW each.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,704
Thanks TB46. The graph you posted seems underwhelming. I am not sure I am reading it right, but LMS ultra 5400 achieving only 90 dbs at 20hz, is that right? BTW< I have Lab Gruppen 14000 powering these.

GM, thats the LMS Ultra 5400 series 2? I believe I have an older version of the lms 5400...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.