I'm planning to biuld a sub - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th July 2003, 10:08 PM   #11
Eul is offline Eul  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I usually use 22mm MDF for my boxes, I would double the driver mount.

For the subsonic filter part, I would recommend that u use some kind of a subsonic filter to cut off the higher frequencies because they can make noise trough the port at higher frequencies. Just a simple filer should do the job.

Good luck building it!
Old 8th August 2003, 06:18 PM   #12
VEC7OR is offline VEC7OR  Lithuania
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to VEC7OR
The enclosure, not all measures correct(and not to scale) but you get the point, some adjustments have to be done tho...
Paint and pixel art rule.
Attached Images
File Type: gif sub.gif (17.6 KB, 525 views)
Profanity took a very interesting form in Russia where there exists a language of sorts, most of its words based on four basic profane roots - nouns p...is, wh.0.e, c..t and verb f..k. It is possible to sensibly communicate using just these four basic roots.
Old 29th August 2003, 06:20 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

I've nearly finished it!!!!!!!!
Hooray!!!!!

Construction pics coming in few days/hours (havent transfered teh pics from the digicam)

So, some facts/experience/tips:

It's built from 18mm MDF plate, box is approx. 95cm tall 30cm depth 43 wide. Ports are made from PVC pipes - 110mm outer dia. 105 inner, one aprox 89cm(around 30hz) and other aprox 23cm(around 66hz). Internal volumes are 30l and 16,5l. No damping is lined so far (it's assembled using screws, so I still need to seal it). No tuning done too.

The sound - 10W amp - 30hz - EASY I can almost feel it not just hear it, as no damping is lined in the box, it is still boomy and whistles a bit(not all holes are sealed). Transient responce is OK(not a closed box tho, but siuts my taste just fine). Needs a very good crossover (Linkwitz principle) because testing on classic RC+opamp 6-12db/oct makes delay/phase horrible - I can almost hear it as echo(main system makes a sound, and after clearly audible delay I can hear the sub)

Jigsaw is a very helpful tool but really suxx on making straight lines. If you use screws be sure to buy long ones - I was using 65mm ones(nearly 5cm into the MDF)

Thats all I can think at this hour
Profanity took a very interesting form in Russia where there exists a language of sorts, most of its words based on four basic profane roots - nouns p...is, wh.0.e, c..t and verb f..k. It is possible to sensibly communicate using just these four basic roots.
Old 29th August 2003, 06:27 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Jigsaws are meant for tradesman who can thread the eye of a needle after a dozen beers

Look forward to the pics!

DIRT®
Old 30th August 2003, 05:20 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

The piccies

Sub construction PICS!!!!!!

Hide this!Advertise here!