Laptop With Buiit In Subwoofer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Laptop speakers in most cases sound pretty tiny (tiny speakers = tiny sound) but i noticed an Ad on TV for an HP Laptop that boasted that it had a built in subwoofer....

naturally i though this was pretty much a load of crap given that the thin dimensions of the laptop.

any thoughts on this?

seems like another misnomer for the unwary customer to be drawn towards the product.

Laptop speakers in most cases sound pretty tiny (tiny speakers = tiny sound) but i noticed an Ad on TV for an HP Laptop that boasted that it had a built in subwoofer....

naturally i though this was pretty much a load of crap given that the thin dimensions of the laptop would not allow anything close to a subwoofer to fit in it.

any thoughts on this?

seems like another misnomer for the unwary customer to be drawn towards the product.

Wow, the stupidity of having air vents at the bottom.

It's a LAPtop. It's suppose to go in your lap. Guess where your legs will end up in relation to above vents.

Once had a laptop with a single vent at the bottom. Had to periodically lift it up to cool it down. Else it would probably take of into orbit, at least it sounded so.
Not to mention the dust it picked up.

Attachments

• 2xTB-W2-1625SA_Laptop_T-TQWT.JPG
    2xTB-W2-1625SA_Laptop_T-TQWT.JPG
    308.8 KB · Views: 167
Yep I have one of these laptops. A big DV7 with the Beats Audio system. No I'll be blunt its pants. I suppose its acceptable for general listening, but the problem is it does more damage than good as it rattles the very good Apple style Keyboard. I never use the speakers on my laptop. Doesn't even come with in a barge pole of my Ikea Dome speakers and my Wharfedale sub. Hope that helps.

Yep I have one of these laptops. A big DV7 with the Beats Audio system. No I'll be blunt its pants. I suppose its acceptable for general listening, but the problem is it does more damage than good as it rattles the very good Apple style Keyboard. I never use the speakers on my laptop. Doesn't even come with in a barge pole of my Ikea Dome speakers and my Wharfedale sub. Hope that helps.

what is the lowest frequency this so called sub can produce at a signifigant volume?

I really couldn't tell you, as I have no way of measuring, but it's not low I suppose. Plus the sound isn't exactly what you would call clear either especially at higher volumes. Doing a quick test listen for you makes me appreciate what proper speakers are and a proper sub, so yeah it sort of is a bit of marketing rubbish.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.