Easy Horn Excel Spreadsheet - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th October 2010, 06:32 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soho54 View Post
Can I ask what program you are opening it up in?
Hi soho54,

I'm not sure if you still require an answer to the above question, but I am using Excel 2003 to open your worksheet. The macro error message generated when Qes is entered as 0.1 is shown in the attached screenprint.

Kind regards,

David
Attached Images
File Type: png Error.png (45.8 KB, 480 views)
Old 28th October 2010, 02:49 PM   #12
soho54 is offline soho54  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McBean View Post
Hi soho54,

I'm not sure if you still require an answer to the above question, but I am using Excel 2003 to open your worksheet. The macro error message generated when Qes is entered as 0.1 is shown in the attached screenprint.
I can't duplicate the error by starting from default, and changing Qes to 1.

If you hit "end" does it work after changing anything else?

Clicking "debug" should send you to the single line "Test" sub, yes?

Does the Auto Equalize work correctly for you?
Old 28th October 2010, 03:05 PM   #13
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Yeah, v5a starts going wacko as Qes drops out of range of the chosen Fh3, so I guess 'auto equalize' should do both the low and high corner.

GM
Old 28th October 2010, 04:15 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

If you set a driver/horn up, and it has a low HC, when you change the driver parameters to one that needs a much higher HC, the script will not be able to hit zero, as the Fc is now too low, and St is calculating as a negative number. This buggers everything, but hitting "End" and choosing a higher HC will get things get going again.

I came up with this code this morning to change the Sheet1 macro:
Sub TEST()
On Error GoTo errorchk
Range("e42").GoalSeek Goal:=0, ChangingCell:=Range("e41")
GoTo fin
errorchk: MsgBox "Error: High Corner must be raised!"
fin:
End Sub

Instead of the Run-time Error, you will get a box popping up that will tell you to raise the HC, and you just click OK.

I'm trying to get some code to work that would sense the error, and then raise the HC on it's own to compensate without any input from the user.
Old 28th October 2010, 05:42 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

OK, I have two replacements for the Sheet1 script here. Instead of the Message Box from the last post, the first one automatically sets the HC up to 200 which should work for most bass horns.

Sub TEST()
On Error GoTo errorchk
GoTo fin
errorchk: Worksheets("Front").Cells(19, 2).Value = 200
fin:
End Sub

or how about setting it to the Mass Roll-off?

Sub TEST()
On Error GoTo errorchk
GoTo fin
errorchk: Range("B19").Formula = "=(2*B4)/B6"
fin:
End Sub

I'm leaning towards the later myself. What do you guys think? The Message Box from the last post, the auto 200, or a quick 2Fs/Qes equation?

Last edited by soho54; 28th October 2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old 28th October 2010, 06:50 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Hmm, the first one pops up the run time error window, but installs the default '200' after closing it. Clicking the AE 'button' changes it to 0.00 and pops up the error window again. Manally changing it to some value that might fall within the range of the AE, it auto returns to the '200'/error window, so basically locked out. Changing the LC to a lower number does the same thing. Since it can't be equalized, it displays #NUM! in all the pertinent alignment fields, so a tweak I can't use.

Going back to the original command script, I can keep adjusting the HC to get a match, but hitting AE just nets me a 0.00/error message even if already matched.

I use Excel 2K/SP3 BTW.

Since you've reverse engineered me, you know which I prefer most of the time until enough real world evidence convinces me otherwise and how I manipulate changing it when I feel the need. .

GM
Old 28th October 2010, 08:17 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

And this is why I hate VB. They worked fine on my 2K copy. The later one would not allow an AE after it was used unless you manually changed HC as it was posted here though, but the "200" one worked fine.

Maybe I should just take that part out entirely, and use straight 1/4 distances.

I just did another take on another idea, and I have a good feeling this time. If the HC is too low it should Auto Equalize on it's own. This will allow you to tweak by hand it you want, and get rid of those pesky errors. It does for me anyway.

I also added an "Ideal" 1/4 horn profile mainly for the Nd/OD horns. Which I talked about above somewhere. You can use it with a TH by entering in the S & Ls, then using the wizard to move L12, and L45 back to the TH positions with S2 Variable on.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EasyHorn v5b Excel.zip (26.0 KB, 58 views)
Old 28th October 2010, 09:35 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

I don't have the patience to program, so just hate how some work.

Anyway, it seems to work per your description until I get down to 0.14 Qes where it acts like the previous version, i.e. nothing I change other than raising Qes stops the 0.00/1004 error when using the AE, though if I input a high enough HC it will calculate alignments.

Browsing TH Work, it appears that J5 is what's causing the problem since at some HC point the driver's radius is too large to fit on the end of the horn, so is there a way to have the program alert this without all the head scratching frustration?

GM
Old 28th October 2010, 10:41 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Hahaha... you are good at finding problems. Keep'em coming.

The problem here is that there is no way for a horn to be made from those parameters at all. It's the LC acting up here. It's where B22 is copied over to B19. From there it is used in Fc and Qtc, and they hit everything.

If you set the LC to 44 everything will go through, only the AE will still not zero. You get -19.3, but it doesn't throw a flag. It will continue to act funny up until 47 or higher. I don't know why it isn't faulting out though?

Hc 635 is the magic number.

I'll fix it somehow.

Last edited by soho54; 28th October 2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 29th October 2010, 12:19 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Alright GM, see if you can crash this one.

It was a deceptively easy fix, so I bumped it up a little more, and it's good till a Qes of .002. That should be good enough.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Easy Horn v5b1 Excel.zip (26.0 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by soho54; 29th October 2010 at 12:38 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!