THAM15 - a compact 15" tapped horn

hi magic
nice job on the subs.
seems a solid bild with a nice finish
also like the placings of the handles ,and speakons.
only thing i dont like is the mesh grill.
why not use stretch metal?

Thank You all for Your response, nice to hear.

@epa, yes, You are right, the grills were a last minute solution, gig coming up and nothing else on hand. They will eventually be replaced (sometime :angel: )

Both of you obviously missed the point of my question. I can do the conversions, it's just a PITA to convert so many different measurement points in a cabinet this complex. Add to that a table saw that is highly accurate with ENGLISH measurements on the tape along the fence rail. For an old fogie like myself (59 years without the metric system) who is an accomplished woodworker, learning that trick is just too hard for this old dog. It's hard enough doing the mental math when reading posts.

Lazy, ummm NO! I have no doubt that if these designs were in english vs. metric that many would request it be the other way around. Besides, I'm going for the SS15, and that design is ummm in english units. Since there are so many of both sides I would just think that is would be a courteous thing to have plans in both units of measure.

I have produced cabinet plans in metric and imperial equivalents before when requested, but only because the CAD software made it easy. The conversion was done with a click of a few buttons. The actual design process on the other hand can take days - months - years..........
For most of us unit conversion would be a long winded process, and the effort involved would be the same regardless of who did it. Maybe that is part of the D I Y ethos. DO IT (for) YOURSELF, and then maybe document and share.;)
Regards Xoc1

I have no doubt that if these designs were in english vs. metric that many would request it be the other way around.

Imperial_Vs_Metric.jpg

The only valid point I have seen is about the fence guide being in Imperial units.

If you change blades you would also need to reset the zero on the fence.

18mm is 0.70866, while these-days 3/4" is actually 23/32 or 0.71875

This can be a big deal if making rabbets or dadoes.

Last edited:
I have produced cabinet plans in metric and imperial equivalents before when requested, but only because the CAD software made it easy. The conversion was done with a click of a few buttons. The actual design process on the other hand can take days - months - years..........
For most of us unit conversion would be a long winded process, and the effort involved would be the same regardless of who did it. Maybe that is part of the D I Y ethos. DO IT (for) YOURSELF, and then maybe document and share.;)
Regards Xoc1

Hi guys

Long time since being here.

I will give the conversion a try in Solidworks, it might be that when I change the dimensions of the material I can make an imperial version very easily.

As Schwarzenegger would say "I'll be back !"