THAM15 - a compact 15" tapped horn

Loaded with faital pro 1060hp neo (15lbs) id say ot would come in well shy of 35kg (77lbs). I would say that the current pair i built is no more than 80kg a piece loaded with the 25lb 1030 ferrite.

the current design is not a FUN lift. but even weighing only 115lbs total I can manage it. the handles likely need a bit of repositiong but there are pretty well placed.

Last edited:
Awesome news indeed especially with the faital. Is it strange that the oht40 appears bigger and uses more wood yet weighs less or is this probably just due to estimations. Either way I will be keen to see how they compare since they are similar.

edit:could be due to difference thickness/types of wood doh.

Hey i need your advice

I want to build some THAM 15 but - i want to use

B&C 15nw100

or

18sound
15nw530
15nlw9500
15lw9500

and i want to make it 70cm instead of 68cm becuase my tops are 70x50 in Front

Ialso want to bend the Grill in front like on my tops - so the same style is there.

third i want to use 4om 15er because my top with 15nd930 4ohms and 1060 on H110 iss damm loud.

I want to Stack the Subs two under one Top.

I want to use CSA with the THAM15 - is there a setup for this - like 3,4ms delay which is 1m and polarity reverse.

The 70cm thing gives me more volume on the 15 or i can tilt the 15inch more outwards.

Also i want to use only 15mm Playwood.

Thanks for your help

perhaps you can do a Mod, simulation an shoot out with my changes.

and whats the diffrence simulated between a normal BR sub with the 15inch speaker in simalar Box - or even an compound Dual vented Subwoofer Bandpass design. like nexo CD18 odr LS18

Convert S1 thru S4 to Width x Height. Add 2cm to Width. Convert back to cm2. Plug in your speaker parameters into Sd, BL, Cms, Rms, Mmd, Le, & Re in Horn Response. It's a powerful FREE tool!

Google Translate

THAM15-09.jpg

how does Danley Sound - use 4-8 speakers in a tapped horn ?

TH28 | Danley Sounds Labs | Danley Sound Labs, Inc.

is it possible to load to 15inch in a face to face configuration - the resonace chamber gets a bit bigger because the woofer needs some space.

if i use the 15ndw530 i have a 2x8ohm oder 1x4ohm Box with a bit more deep i think of 5-10hz and double the power.
And the Sub is more than 3dB louder than the only one speaker Version.

Is it possible to simulate that in Hornresp ?