THAM15 - a compact 15" tapped horn

I have a void x6 amp to drive them, 900rms @ 8 ohm per side. Music is all sorts (not D&B). I do also have speakerplans x1 subs should they be needed. Two options for top speakers venue size dependent One is the speakerplans mt112 which can be crossed at about 130Hz, and for smaller rooms we use void mycro 8's which cross at about 200/250 hz. Hence I would like the versitility to get up as high as possible with the TH. This is where the dip at 180 becomes an issue. Using a DCX active crossover.

and for smaller rooms we use void mycro 8's which cross at about 200/250 hz. Hence I would like the versitility to get up as high as possible with the TH. This is where the dip at 180 becomes an issue. Using a DCX active crossover.

sounds like the ss15 is well suited with your kappa 15lf2's. I've successfully run up through 200hz with no issue against a pair of ev sx80's... (yea the ss15 was a bit overkill in that situation)

Hello, This is my first post and my first attempt at Hornresponse. Although I cannot figure out how to capture the spl plot, I am seeing a very similar plot to the 15TBX100 when modeling the Celestion FTR15 4080HDX in the Tham15. Can anyone confirm or deny my findings? (realizing this is a dead thread and hearing crickets chirping) Thanks

Hi again, guys

Sorry for not posting this earlier, but here goes.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here a detail-pic from the inside with the reflectors, bracing and handles

Both of them together

A detail pic of the finish using Warnex structure paint with a roller

And finally the first test outdoors together with our EAW KF300e tops

We were running the subs from a bridged Crown XTI4000, limited to 100V, ie about 2600W for the pair and when going full out we could watch the pebbles on the ground dancing :)
The sound was very tight and clean, and if You stand in front of them and try to talk Your voice will be modulated, feels quite interesting. We did not do any measurements other than using ears and stomach but the consensus was that they really deliver in the range a rockband needs, ie the bassguitar fundamentals are stunning, the kickdrum in the 80 Hz-range is really kicking and they can go up into 100-150 Hz if needed.

We have now gigged with this setup the whole summer and the expectations were fully met.
The deliver that tight, clean sound that we want, the dB/m3 is exceptional, the handling worked out perfect with the wheels and handles and we are just happy with the build.

Last edited:
MagicJohansson, did you use the LAB15 drivers?

No, I used the B&C 15PS100. The driver recommended by Martinsson is the B&C 15TX100 but after lots of simulations and a long look at the pricetab I decided to use the cheaper PS-model since the only real differences are (in this order) price (cheaper), power handling (a little less but still 1 kW) and a little less group delay.

No, I used the B&C 15PS100. The driver recommended by Martinsson is the B&C 15TX100 but after lots of simulations and a long look at the pricetab I decided to use the cheaper PS-model since the only real differences are (in this order) price (cheaper), power handling (a little less but still 1 kW) and a little less group delay.

Thanks. That is pleasant info.