Any 15" DVC pro speakers out there?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Still in search of a DVC driver to run off a battery powered class-d amp and need a single unit that can draw the most "juice" out of a small T-amp. Dual 4ohm coils and high efficiency from 50-100hz would be perfect. Should probably post this in the subwoofer forum.

I heard of modified Eminence Kappa 10" to DVC 2x8 OHM.
Second coil is done by repair shop. The person who build sub is fully satisfied and I'm considering to build this sub also with Kappa 2x8 ohm.
Just realized that you are looking for 15" -belive that this can be done with 15" also.

Power level summation is not the most efficient way to go about it. You'd be better off going with a single power amplifier and mixing to mono at signal level, especially if there is not enough distance between the HF drivers to provide any sort of stereo image at the "listening postion" anyway.

every now and then, you can find some Cerwin-Vega Strokers. They were released for car-audio in the mid-90s, but they are "pro-audio" through and through. I just recently picked up a couple for $200, dual 2-ohm coils. The nice thing is that recone kits are available in single and dual coil configurations.

here they are, amongst the rest in my collection:

102_0413.jpg

102_0415.jpg

Maximize power available.

Why DVC and not SVC??

I used a moderately efficient DVC driver in another project and worked well. Better than the more efficient SVC driver with half the power.

A DVC 15" will help utilize what little power I have available with this project. Dual 4 ohm would be even better.

I was thinking I could fabricate a dual purpose bass bin that would run off a battery powered sure amp part of the time but also be powered by a regular pro amp. The box will be run from around 50-120hz.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.