Energy ESW-M6 800 Watt Mini Subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I just came across this subwoofer on Energy's website and was wondering if anyone on here has designed something similar - a high powered sub with a tiny footprint. ESW-M6 Subwoofer - Overview

"The Energy ESW-M6 is a powerful subwoofer equipped with a 6-inch anodized aluminum cone woofer and two 6-inch passive radiators with inverted Ribbed Elliptical Surround. An efficient internal power amplifier delivers 800 ... 42Hz-200Hz"

If no one has made one, is it possible to make something similar with components from partsexpress, madisound, or other vendor staying much lower than the $400 these are on sale for.

So basically, my design goal is to (1) reproduce something like this sub for much cheaper,(2) fit it in an 8*8*8 box [for my office], (3) meet or exceed 104db at or lower than 42hz, ground plane, 1 meter.

Thanks!

Hmmm...

I'd say that, given the 800 watt power amplifier, the cube itself will be very inefficient.
Looking for a low Fs high Xmax 6.5" driver often leads us to the TB subwoofer range.

Not sure about what to do for PRs though - perhaps buy up some blown TB subs, remove the magnet assembly...?

Chris

PS - it might be worth looking at the car audio market - they tend to have some high Xmax, high power handling stuff.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.