AMP for JBL PB10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just recieved a bad JBL PB10 worst JBL I ever owned and read about..

If I work a deal with eBay seller and keep this what AMP should I buy to replace it ?????

Speaker is a 4 ohm (5.6 on meter) I was looking at the Daytons but wonder if there is something better..

I read a lot of the thread in Class D forum about this SUB but I not up for rebuilding the amp for me seems eaiser to replace it..

The subs amp dose work and no hum but the sound is really bad and I am guessing the amp is bad..

I maybe building a new sub down the road so if I can reuse the amp for new sub would be a plus..

I'd like to keep costs below $200

My First Post so don't slay me :)

Thanks Much..

Hi Chris,
My reciever is able to set the range of each speaker
Its a Onkyo TX-SR806 and has the program called Aduilogy that adjusts each speaker range.. I have 4 older Altecs and 2 JBL studio monitors..

I am completely new to subs and my amp is also new..

I'm really trying to get this sub working well..
I tried hooking it up again with a L&R and Y RCA like the video I seen @PartsX
I raised the Onkyo Sub volume all the way up and it still sounds like it has a buzzing type sound when it is working..

The early model AMI amp for this sub which I have is really bad news from what I read on the web..
I'm 95% sure the amp its ill :(
JBL no longer can get AMI amps and the Version II amp is $160 and needs to box to be modded.

Just trying to decide to buy the 240w or 500w Dayton or another brand to replace this one..

If I was to build a 12" sub with a $150-$200 speaker would a 500w Dayton amp be over kill??????

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.