Need help with horn design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All, I started working on this a number of months back but since then I have not worked so....no mon, no fun!!!

Looks like I will be starting a new job in a couple weeks so I'd like to get this back on track.

This is really not a sub so forgive me. I have three very good subs now and a very nice midhorn with JBL 2441, and a pair of Heils. So I need a midbass horn.

I want to go front loaded with curved top and bottom of the inside of the horn (have access to a CNC machine to hog these out) I have enough room in my listening room for something a max of 35" deep x 50" wide.

I tried using HR, but I just couldn't grasp it. SO, my midrange can cross as low as 350hz and my subs can handle up to 100hz (clean)

Any suggestions?

Here is the style I am after.

Attachments

• a129yv8j.jpg
    a129yv8j.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

GM

Joined 2003
Greets!

Good luck with the new job!

OK, looks like a radial expo, but ideally you want to match to whatever the 2441 is attached to, so what are its various performance specs? Regardless, to load to 100 Hz in the allotted depth you'll either need a folded horn or dual or even quad drivers depending on whatever driver size has the right specs.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.