Recommend enclosure for ED 13Ov.2 Subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was given this driver by a friend, is it a good subwoofer?

Would it be suitable for a tapped horn or transmission line loading?

Thanks a lot!

Qts: .28
Qes: .30
Qms: 3.3
Fs: 21.00Hz
Re: 8.3
Vas: 176L
Mms: 195.0g
Bl: 21.70T*m
SPL: 89.1dB
Sd: 545cm²
Xmax: 18.3mm
Voice Coil: 62.5mm

Magnet Width: 6.750"
Cutout Diameter: 11.000"
Mounting Depth: 6.600"
Weight: 25lb
Total Height: 7.600"
Displacement: .07 ft³
Outside Diameter: 12.375"

I had the opportunity to measure the t/s parameters of a 13Ov.2 about two years ago, using a WT3. t/s specs were nothing like the published ones. They were as follows:

Re: 7.256 (coils in series)
Fs: 28.3 Hz
Qts: 0.456
Qes: 0.496
Qms: 5.697
Le: 3.454 mH

I suggest getting the specs for your driver measured (or measure them yourself - see my site for a means to do this) before committing to anything like a transmission line or tapped horn.

...running the numbers makes for a driver NOT suited to a TL nor a vented alignment...

:eek:Don't agree, As I found this driver suitable for a T-TQWT, thus a ported or a TL should work too:

b:magnify::)

Attachments

• Elemental Design_e130v.2-T-TQWT.GIF
    Elemental Design_e130v.2-T-TQWT.GIF
    162.5 KB · Views: 59
I suggest getting the specs for your driver measured (or measure them yourself - see my site for a means to do this) before committing to anything like a transmission line or tapped horn.

Just repeating my suggestion. You might end up with disappointing results if you build a sub based on either the published specs (or my measurements) and it turns out that your driver isn't a close match for either.

At the very least, measure Fs, to see if it's closer to 21 Hz or 28 Hz.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.