Help me remove a dual-gang pot out of the circuit!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got a Creative SBS 2.1 370 Desktop Speakers. Recently, one speaker stopped working or is very feeble. The other one is very good, works fine I mean. I'm sure that the POTENTIOMETER is faulty and causing all the problems. So I need to remove it, not replace. I don't need the volume control or the On/Off switch too (They are on the same board). Please tell me which wires need to be interconnected. I'm posting the pictures of the circuit, terminals, connector and the POT.

Picture 1 - View of the POT & the On/Off Switch
Picture 2 - Reverse side of the same board.
Picture 3 - The connector
Picture 4 - The cable with the RED marker is the output line. It has 3 wires(green,blue,yellow) + a portion of the Black wire. The other cable is the Input line, with 2 wires (red, white) + a portion of the black wire.

When connected to the socket, the green wire ends at the top of the board followed by white,red,blue yellow& black.

Find the pictures here

ImageShack Album - 4 images

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.