Single sheet TH challenge

Thanks for the reply, 4pyros! This community is great. I just did a google search for the pyro musicals, as I had never heard of them. They look pretty awesome. Too bad they only did the 4th this year. Sadly I'm at work right now so I won't make it down to King of Prussia, but hopefully I can catch your setup at another upcoming event.

Maiden Voyage

I took this picture last year on the maiden voyage of my SS15 build. The subs are almost stock build with 4015 drivers and 50% compression plates. The tops are the HS12 with the Dpro12 and (2) D220Ti drivers on a homemade waveguide - not great, but decent. Biamped tops. We were restricted to 90db at 100ft, but you could hear them crystal clear a mile away. Right side stack was the same. Throw and clarity was amazing.
Jon

Attachments

• IMG_1577.jpg
    IMG_1577.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 898
I took this picture last year on the maiden voyage of my SS15 build. The subs are almost stock build with 4015 drivers and 50% compression plates. The tops are the HS12 with the Dpro12 and (2) D220Ti drivers on a homemade waveguide - not great, but decent. Biamped tops. We were restricted to 90db at 100ft, but you could hear them crystal clear a mile away. Right side stack was the same. Throw and clarity was amazing.
Jon

Hi overflow. What was your reason for doubling the number of ports and using two compressions drivers in each midtop?

Oliver:

I have issues translating what I draw to hornresp as well, it only makes sense that others have the same issue.... ;)

However the goal in this case was a dual taper TH with the main taper change at the upper back. My cell phone took a lousy pic the other day, so here is my layout with some additional dimensions called out.

Just resurrecting this....

I've been trying to put together a spreadsheet to assist in designing THs with this type of fold. I don't know if anyone's picked it up before, but it looks like "S3" should actually be at the bottom of the vertical panel that's in the middle of the enclosure, rather than up in the top right corner...

"S2" and "S4" are basically at the driver, so that seems to leave only two locations for "S3", if you want to get a good HornResp model:

(1) at bottom right hand corner, if the internal panel attached at this point is parallel to the first panel after "S1" or

(2) at the bottom of the vertical panel in the middle of the enclosure, if the internal panel attached to the driver's baffle is not attached parallel to the first panel after "S1".

Here is an example of the spreadsheet, with S3 set as option 1 given above. The spreadsheet is not quite finished yet, but it's good enough to use to "tweak" the panel dimensions via computer before committing a design to wood.

Attachments

• 20131111-STH37..jpg
    20131111-STH37..jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 471