will you add this mods on your 1st page of this thread
for the "slim" version of your SS15
along with the budget drivers listed there like
Dayton PA310
B&C 12CL64 12" Neodymium Woofer 294-694
2Ω JBL 265F-1
Eminence Delta-12LFA 12" Low Frequency Driver 290-416

not in order and not sure if all of those can fit an SS15 with 16" or 14" wide

Well if 24x30x14 is your ideal -- build that.

As it happens -- a ss15 is 24x30, and if you build it 14" wide and put a Dayton Audio ST305-8 12" Series II Woofer in it... you can get 120db at 100watts with just about the exact same response profile (just lower total output) as the full size ss15 version.

You are good up through 200 watts so you've got plenty of headroom available on that driver. Highpass at 30hz.
(wonder if that config should be added to the singlesheet thread as a SS15slim)
Last edited by jbell; 11th August 2012 at 07:32 PM.

Posted on this post #10 of this thread
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subw...ofer-under-100-high-efficiency-low-power.html

i think an extended tham maybe suit your sim.
Jbell
wrote this

Well if 24x30x14 is your ideal -- build that.

As it happens -- a ss15 is 24x30, and if you build it 14" wide and put a Dayton Audio ST305-8 12" Series II Woofer in it... you can get 120db at 100watts with just about the exact same response profile (just lower total output) as the full size ss15 version.

You are good up through 200 watts so you've got plenty of headroom available on that driver. Highpass at 30hz.
(wonder if that config should be added to the singlesheet thread as a SS15slim)
Last edited by jbell; 11th August 2012 at 07:32 PM.

and on the thread above they speak about those drivers i posted
they dont say any about the tham

Jbell,
will you add this mods on your 1st page of this thread
for the "slim" version of your SS15
along with the budget drivers listed there like
Dayton PA310
B&C 12CL64 12" Neodymium Woofer 294-694
2Ω JBL 265F-1
Eminence Delta-12LFA 12" Low Frequency Driver 290-416

not in order and not sure if all of those can fit an SS15 with 16" or 14" wide

Posted on this post #10 of this thread
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subw...ofer-under-100-high-efficiency-low-power.html

This was just a bit of hornresp "arm chair quarterbacking" aka, it's not something I've built and tested. Yes it should work just fine, but I'll reserve post1 for the tried and true, things I've built and tested. I don't want anyone to confuse anyone.

Last edited:
i think an extended tham maybe suit your sim.

Epa ,
The Tham fold looks good, but so does the SS15 style fold, a scaled up Brian Steele POC#2 type fold design might also work .... Forsman also came up with a Tham style with an extra fold that looks pretty crafty :up:... The link to his discussion is http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/224160-thorn-f1-learning-experiance-tapped-horn.html

My designs so far have a straight taper, so of course any of these folding styles would have to be adjusted to get a straight taper (instead of a rapid expansion at the end of the line) and also the compression, line length and taper ratio would all have to worked into the fold design to get the output to match my sims as close as possible ... A scaled up POC#2 is the closest in most regards, the fact that his design is "stepped" may not hurt one bit and would actually simplify the construction a little...

I have updated my SS-18PS76 inputs, it now has a slightly longer path length but its still only 209 liters, and seems to require less inductance to get flat, in fact i think this one could be run with no series inductance added to the 18PS76 driver, which means less expense and decreased losses .... The bump at 50 would likely be knocked down and flattened by the DFD mod.... By the way, for uber power handling an 18sound 18LW2400 also looks awesome in this cabinet with a little added inductance, the 18TBX100 and 18TBW100 also look decent enough with additional series inductance added ...

The dimensions seen in the comment field are rough dimensions for a super simple single fold cabinet...

Attachments

• SS-PS76-V3 INPUTS-.jpg
    SS-PS76-V3 INPUTS-.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 365