Single sheet TH challenge

thanks for the power/spl/db info. i kinda knew that, but now its clear.

when i was talking percentage, i was referring to max excursion. since thats the defining point of the music i play. if it had 10mm xmax, and i run it at approximately 9mm, thats the 90% im referring to. but yes. DB is probably the better way to measure, i just havent ever worked with those measurements ever before. so got no reference to it.

on a different note, im doing a birthday gig on saturday, in a narrow shed (double bricked on both sides) its approximately 5-6m across. would you stack subs together or upright in this case?

do ya think stood up like this?

20120927_225836.jpg

or stacked

20120926_200113.jpg

The more that Klampy posts, the more I realise that he knows almost nothing about his equipment.

does it really matter that i dont know details, or how to accurately measure how much power im using, or that its 3db more or less than something else?

i make dance music. i work in a rubber shop. i dont need to crunch numbers becuase i dont design speakers. i just build them based on proven designs. and they sound fantastic.

thats what makes me happy. is that to me, it sounds great. i know how to run it to its potential and now that ive got good quality drivers, im not going to burn them out.

tonight was my first mobile DJ event, it was a wedding, and i took one SS15. having it just shy of distortion for a good few hours, it wasnt even getting warm.

THAT^ makes me happy. :D not "knowing" every little detail about my equipment.

thanks.

tonight was my first mobile DJ event, it was a wedding, and i took one SS15. having it just shy of distortion for a good few hours, it wasnt even getting warm.

congrats...

I hear enough dj stuff from a couple 15+1 cabinets on stands (no subs) crying for mercy.... it makes me want to cry.

Having someone want to be better, actually doing his own research on how, building his own cabinets, and then ending up with a success... That's very cool in my book.

I'll attend one of your events if the opportunity ever happens.

more happy customers :)

all four of my SS15s running at what i refer to as 85% and smacking the crap out of anyone standing in front of it!

absolutely incredible SPL. I am very very proud of it, and still cant believe that I have built something that sounds so good.

heres my amp settings for those who might be interested to see.

20120929_174011.jpg

the setup

20120929_165111.jpg

and party time

20120929_174955.jpg

and going back to the night before, with the wedding. heres the settings for that.

20120928_154755.jpg

and the setup with the sub under the table.

20120928_154819.jpg

I had to do some adjustments for 12mm vs. 1/2" from the original plans (plus 9mm bracing). As I'm going through, I was just curious if there is any need for some 45* "guides" in the corners to make the measurements a bit smoother, or if I'm just adding weight with no benefits?

Thanx!

Attachments

• SS15NoD.jpg
    SS15NoD.jpg
    660.2 KB · Views: 160
how or why would anyone setup an EQ just to look a certain way? :confused:

I don't know, that's why I'm asking.:D
It's just me, I had a closer look and it looks like the tweeters are not giving a lot of highs or your ears don't hear them well. ;)

I used to see some 'smart stereo owners' way back who just set the sliders for aesthetics, sounded horrible!...
"but it looks nice..." :rolleyes: