Single sheet TH challenge

The original works so well -- just build that.
Use the 4015lf if you plan on abusing it.
Use the kappa pro 15lf2 for a budget, lower power option.

If budget is concern, I'd rather have a pair of kappa pro loaded cabinets, vs a single 4015lf cabinet.

32hz 24db/oct high pass. The high pass is not an option.

So, I take it the v2 didn't offer the sought-after stronger lower end?

put my #3 and #4 SS15s together tonight. going to be cutting bracing and painting tomorrow.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and i must say. WOW. i thought 2 was impressive. it nearly literally blew me away with 4.

absolutely can not wait to achieve 6, then 8, and then on and up to 12. from there, i plan on a quad of SS18s for the deeper bass that the 15 misses out on, and i think i will have quite an ultimate system. :D

The original works so well -- just build that.
Use the 4015lf if you plan on abusing it.
Use the kappa pro 15lf2 for a budget, lower power option.

If budget is concern, I'd rather have a pair of kappa pro loaded cabinets, vs a single 4015lf cabinet.

32hz 24db/oct high pass. The high pass is not an option.

what are the subsonic filter alternatives to high pass 32hz 24db/oct
Pasive, Active and what brand and models as starting point

what are the subsonic filter alternatives to high pass 32hz 24db/oct
Pasive, Active and what brand and models as starting point

Most amps have a high pass built in, and most are 12db/oct, usually 30hz or 50hz.

If you use one of those, and don't push it to it's absolute limit, you will probably be fine.

A DBX driverack, or Behringer DCX2496 are good processors that will let you set your crossover and highpass points exactly.

Peavey IPR, Crown, and other amps that have dsp built in, allow the same level of setups, and also include limiters to make sure that everything still works at the end of the night.
Even the bash500 plate amp has a high pass that can be modified (with a soldering iron) to work.

Yea 4 cabinets.... There is a post way back in this thread where I mentioned that 4 was a party.... A serious party.

Last edited:
i have a crown XLS2000
you can set to low pass or high pass
both channels
or to use high pass ch1 and low pass ch2
you set the freq xover point
but i t dont have a subsonic filter so i guess if you send 20hz to it
it will send that to the drivers damaging them
so i still need something to filter that so low freqs

price wise i really liked this driver
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=290-420

you got me... I was just double checking myself on the xls.... no usb port / bandmanager -- bummer.

The kappa pro15lf2's are great drivers, just limit to about 300watts per cabinet, and build more cabinets. I seem to get along better that way than beating hard on 4015lf's or other higher power drivers that work in the ss15.

more cabinets loafing is my answer vs fewer cabinets pushed to their limits.

you got me... I was just double checking myself on the xls.... no usb port / bandmanager -- bummer.

The kappa pro15lf2's are great drivers, just limit to about 300watts per cabinet, and build more cabinets. I seem to get along better that way than beating hard on 4015lf's or other higher power drivers that work in the ss15.

more cabinets loafing is my answer vs fewer cabinets pushed to their limits.

i know...
check this little devices , they are pasive and you can choose your highpass point
what i dont know what happens if you connect 2 in series , do you increase the filter slope ?

FMOD (Filter Module) High Pass RCA Level Crossover

fmod's are bad idea. You are better off doing all active crossover.

You really need a dcx2496 or a driverack, or something for an 'elegant solution.'

A 'redneck' thought for you. You can put your xls into highpass stereo mode 30hz(ish) on both channels, and then run an active crossover to set your 100hz (ish) lowpass for sub channel, and 100hz(ish) highpass for top channel in front of the xls. Even a cheap-o car audio crossover works if you are budget strapped.

Last edited:
put my #3 and #4 SS15s together tonight. going to be cutting bracing and painting tomorrow... i plan on a quad of SS18s for the deeper bass that the 15 misses out on
I'm really keen to try the JB1500N, could build each cab for <$500 all up which is insanely cheap! especially for Australian-based builders... I wonder how hard they can be pushed, will definitely try to build 2/4 in the next 6 months or so.

Not sure if running an SS18 alongside the SS15 will be beneficial, probably better off putting the effort in to more boxes of the same...

hmmm interesting point there bitsmasher. i want to end up with a dozen like a pic earlier in the thread. but i must say, the difference between 2, and 4. is mind boggling.

im running 4xJB1500N on an EP4000 and ive barely got it on half and they run quite happy like that.

im doing a party on saturday, so ill let you all know how i go. last party i did, i cooked all three of my subs and broke one of my tops... lol there will be a small amount of footage, and a few pics. so ill keep ya posted.