Single sheet TH challenge

heres my scribble pad for the two new SS15s im building.

DSCI0444.jpg

DSCI0443.jpg

DSCI0446.jpg

DSCI0447.jpg

DSCI0452.jpg

im yet to really push my JB1500Ns, but from what theyve shown me so far, i think im going to be happy with them. next week im building two more cabs, and september ill be buying two more drivers.

4 should sound pretty epic!

They are pretty damn loud although not as low as I would like. They have been running at near clipping with a limiter of -3db and a long *** release time on that crown amp for at least 16hrs straight with no issue. They sound very clean as long as you don't cross them over too high (I set to 150hz).

I realised I could nearly run 6 subs off one of these amps... maybe later on haha

Ive searched through the thread and only found i few 4ohm driver recommendations.. Any thoughts on which driver to match the design like the 3015lf do? Have been looking at the B&C 15NDL76 & Fane collosus 15XB. Im not too bothered about the weight, as long the box is getting the highest spl possible. Am I on the right track or would other drivers be a better choice?

4 ohm Driver

Ive searched through the thread and only found i few 4ohm driver recommendations.. Any thoughts on which driver to match the design like the 3015lf do? Have been looking at the B&C 15NDL76 & Fane collosus 15XB. Im not too bothered about the weight, as long the box is getting the highest spl possible. Am I on the right track or would other drivers be a better choice?

BMS 15S430v2 ? Used with great success in the THAM15

The SS15 has nearly 7 dB of power compression at 700 watt input compared to one watt, the extenders allow reaching a higher output level with a fraction of the power.

I have a feeling the 700W quote is from the test I posted, where I mentioned the output figures were just at clip/limit light.

I did some quick amp tests (also posted in the TH-18 thread) in briged configuration and found the voltage out was less than half of the rated power with the clip limter engaged and the clip/limit light fully illuminated (heavy into it).

When I measured my SS15 just under clip (light flickered), the amp was not bridged and the clip limiter was on.

Just food for thought (and I hope to test with SPL AND actual voltage numbers the next time)

After doing plenty of research on different ideas for a PA subwoofer, I landed here. I tried jumping around from the first page, but decided to skim all 166 pages. Now that my eyeballs can focus again, I decided I needed to post up...

First: Thanks to all involved! This is a great project with a lot of community support.

Now then, I feel a bit confused on what design to go with. There seems to be ~3 versions of this...
1. dbell's original (post #53)
2. Djim's "extended" (post#691)
3. dbell's "SS15v2" (post#1499)

Is there a comparison of the 3 directly? I saw some original vs extended comparisons... It seems the v2 is pretty new and I don't think I saw it tested? Sorry, if this information is all pretty available, I'll be happy to go more read-happy on this thread... just took a long time just to skim through all those pages! Or perhaps, a general consensus on which one to build?

I just to hate to build one to find that it isn't as solid of a build as another. Thanks for whatever information can be provided.

After doing plenty of research on different ideas for a PA subwoofer, I landed here. I tried jumping around from the first page, but decided to skim all 166 pages. Now that my eyeballs can focus again, I decided I needed to post up...First: Thanks to all involved! This is a great project with a lot of community support.Now then, I feel a bit confused on what design to go with. There seems to be ~3 versions of this...
1. dbell's original (post #53)2. Djim's "extended" (post#691)3. dbell's "SS15v2" (post#1499)
Is there a comparison of the 3 directly? I saw some original vs extended comparisons... It seems the v2 is pretty new and I don't think I saw it tested? Sorry, if this information is all pretty available, I'll be happy to go more read-happy on this thread... just took a long time just to skim through all those pages! Or perhaps, a general consensus on which one to build?I just to hate to build one to find that it isn't as solid of a build as another. Thanks for whatever information can be provided.

Hi there: Which one you build depends on your requirements. #1 JBell's origional is flat down to about 45hz, #3, JBell has tested his v2 flat down to 40hz. #2 Djim's extention of the origional SS15 is considerably larger and his posted tests show a reduced band width from the origional SS15. Numerous people have constructed the Origional SS15 and according to their posts are using them on sound reinforcement jobs. Since the SS15 is easy to construct and uses (now more expensive) driver 3015lf, you can build one ( or one of the each) and judge if the performance meets your requirements. ...regards, Michael

The original works so well -- just build that.
Use the 4015lf if you plan on abusing it.
Use the kappa pro 15lf2 for a budget, lower power option.

If budget is concern, I'd rather have a pair of kappa pro loaded cabinets, vs a single 4015lf cabinet.

32hz 24db/oct high pass. The high pass is not an option.