Single sheet TH challenge

epa; The pyro box speakers are holding up well. I raised the low cutoff to 40hz for now and set the brick wall limiters. Over the winter I will be restricting the throats and cheaking the excursion to see how hard I can push them.
One of the last shows I did with them I had all 8 up on 7 foot scafolding at a race track along side the pits on 9-11. The people could not go in their trailers because the subs were rocking them so hard. It was like the pyro boxs turned them all into drums. LOL

Hey PASC,
Could you post the images instead of linking back to your host page? They have adds for adult stuff above your images. Use the link for your picture and the tag.[/QUOTE]

Learned.

Round restriction, as indicated by jbell, at the throat to reduce travel of the cone and so thermal compression at the limits.

[url]http://img1.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/15296/1529618099c2bb73abec30e6b8a3d7caa3d91033.jpg[/url]

Trying the B&C 15CL76 which appears to be a candidate to make SS15 his house;

[url]http://img1.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/15289/152899916647564c6777743e26d6e9c531809ab5.jpg[/url]

Using it with low-cut at 40Hz till 96/100Hz, by ear it plays bass guitar notes accurately, and with cone control till Pe limit. The bass player liked it, timber, fidelity and loudness are good.

Regards,

Learned.

Round restriction, as indicated by jbell, at the throat to reduce travel of the cone and so thermal compression at the limits.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Trying the B&C 15CL76 which appears to be a candidate to make SS15 his house;

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Using it with low-cut at 40Hz till 96/100Hz, by ear it plays bass guitar notes accurately, and with cone control till Pe limit. The bass player liked it, timber, fidelity and loudness are good.

Regards,

You are getting closer, now all you need are the

Attachments

• img_tag.png
    img_tag.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 1,485
:eek::eek:WOW! Now that's a cool table.. I wish I was so neat and organized:(
Perhaps adding external dimensions and if they are designed with truck pack friendly wheels
might be usefull. I did have to keep in line with standard truck pack sizes. Two Meyer Up-1 fit perfectly on top of the cab so most don't realize I don't have matching meyer subs. That was another issue I had to deal with.
Thanks, I was having a rough day till I saw the chart..

Ahhh what is a pyrosub? I hunted through the posts already.

Last edited:
:eek::eek:WOW! Now that's a cool table.. I wish I was so neat and organized:(
Perhaps adding external dimensions and if they are designed with truck pack friendly wheels
might be usefull. I did have to keep in line with standard truck pack sizes. Two Meyer Up-1 fit perfectly on top of the cab so most don't realize I don't have matching meyer subs. That was another issue I had to deal with.
Thanks, I was having a rough day till I saw the chart..

Ahhh what is a pyrosub? I hunted through the posts already.
4Pyros built his 3015LF SS15 cabinets from 3/4" rather than 1/2" and added some bracing.

Should be the same as the standard SS15 as far as frequency response and sensitivity.

The chart pretty much reinforces Hoffman's Iron Law.

I would love to enter true data for Danley's TH's into my table. But somehow I doubt Tom wants 'us' to reverse engineer his TH's to check his specs on accuracy.

Talking of which, your Furybox definitely needs its own thread for some precise analyses because I'm not sure the data is accurate enough.

I would love to enter true data for Danley's TH's into my table. But somehow I doubt Tom wants 'us' to reverse engineer his TH's to check his specs on accuracy.

Talking of which, your Furybox definitely needs its own thread for some precise analyses because I'm not sure the data is accurate enough.

Xoc1’s TH18-2 has the same physical dimensions as the DSL TH-115 or TH-118, and similar frequency response as the TH-118, which uses the BC18SW115-4.

The DSL TH-118 is rated at about 105 dB one watt one meter (spec sheet uses 28.3 volt at 10 meters).

My slightly larger volume Keystone BC18SW115-4 loaded tapped horn actually measures about 98 dB sensitivity in the upper range (same as a JBL-SRX 728, a slightly larger 2x18"), about the same as Xoc1’s TH18-2 Hornresp sims.

I have communicated about the disparity with Tom Danley, although he agreed that the disparity sounds too large, he stands by the spec sheet figures. He did share the actual plans of the TH-115 with me, Xoc1’s TH18-2 are nearly identical other than one small detail that Tom does not believe would make much difference in sensitivity.

Josh Ricci has tested a DSL DTS-10, his test results show a much lesser sensitivity than Danley’s spec sheet, very much in line with the disparity between Xoc1’s TH18-2 or my Keystone compared to the DSL TH-118.

My tests showed the TH increased the sensitivity of the BC18SW115-4 by 6 dB over a slightly smaller BR cabinet with the same low corner.

Six dB is a big deal, another 6 or 7dB on top of that with the same FR and cabinet volume (and fold pattern) is IMHO, impossible.

Art Welter

I'd like to revisit the fury through building another one but time has not been my friend for a few years now. I was under the gun at the time and expected you guys to surpass it.
The CTH-15 was the best sounding and loudest box I came up with but there were so many small parts that it was not practical to build. That one was hitting 103-104 so Danleys spec may be quite right.
We learned a lot building these, with quite satisfying results, within our meager budgets.

On the ss15.. JBell seems to have optimized it pretty darn good. The only thing I notice is there may be a cheezy useful mod for it.
If you decrease s5 you get more low end extension at the cost of a few db...so:
Hows about a removable wedgie? :D Heavy duty velcro on the bottom and felt or carpet on the sides for a snug fit. You could add another box and toss the wedgies in to drop the low end 5hz or more. The added impact to the audiences central nervous system should do the trick without having to push the system any harder.. :mischiev: Thoughts? ;)