Single sheet TH challenge

I hope not 150Lbs but I will weigh them when done.

Thanks its all good exept the slivers and glue.

It's all good -- well, except the glue... getting PL off your hands is about impossible.

BTW -- Just check the date code.

3015lf changed? - Techtalk Speaker Building, Audio, Video, and Electronics Customer Discussion Forum From Parts-Express.com

I heard from one of the eminence distributors that eminence blew through their 2010 sales goals early in the year -- they got absolutely hammered with orders. I can't imagine any old stock surviving -- I was getting speakers with month old date codes middle of 2010...

Before paint;

Attachments

• Pictures 010.jpg
    Pictures 010.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 709
  • Pictures 014.jpg
    Pictures 014.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 693
Back where I used to live, we have appropriate words for occasions such as this...

you did tape off your edge before primer, so that the glue to hold the 2nd side will adhere to wood -- right?

Bugger!
Typical!
and of course ****! , ****! ,etc.

Of course, this would make an incredibly smart cut-away to show people what the box looks like on the inside.

Is primer enough on the inside of the cabinet, to prevent damp from affecting the wood?

Regards, Ben

whats the reasoning for the removable baffle?
I made the speaker baffle removable mainly to make it easier to make changes to the throat and for painting. You could add more baffles to work with differant speakers. I may glue them after testing.
are the side slats just there for installing the baffle? or reducing throat volume?
All of the above but thay started as an assembly aid. See my 1st pics. The hole thoat is a box and vary solid.
Andy

Last edited:
Bugger!
Typical!
and of course ****! , ****! ,etc.

Of course, this would make an incredibly smart cut-away to show people what the box looks like on the inside.

Is primer enough on the inside of the cabinet, to prevent damp from affecting the wood?

Regards, Ben

You could paint the inside with something like this:
Everbuild 90805 Everproof DPM 908 5L: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

No need for primer either and can be used to glue damping materials where necessary.

Take care how and where you attach the removable baffle.
You can easily make for an impossibly awkward tool access.
I've done that stupidly when I thought I was being careful.

I sunk metal threads into the wood for repeat abuse, but
neglected to angle them away from the sides enough to
get a power tool in there. Now having to use hex wrench
with very short handle... Almost no room for fingers.
Don't make the same mistake!

Maybe a pocket hole jig could help?

Attachments

• 0919225322.jpg
    0919225322.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 692
Last edited: