Single sheet TH challenge

Here some pics from last weekend.
Not finished yet in these pics. I had them loaded to burn in the drivers. BUT I have them all finished now EXCEPT grills on 3 of them. Ran out of screws and have to order more Monday.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Though I have listened to them :D.
I get to use them this weekend in a room that is 112 x 134 with 30/40 foot ceilings. Along with ample power for them. Should put a smile on my face... and a wet spot on my pants. (I am an addict :devily:)

Will take some more pics of the setup.

Flip, if it is not to much to ask would you be so kind to measure the DC resistance (Ohm) of all your 3015LF's at the driver's connectors?

And Jbell, could you do the same please?
I don't have any 3015LF, but have found Eminence published DCR to be correct ( they measure the same as the average reading on my many VOMs) on eight different Eminence speaker types I use.
They are also consistent speaker to speaker, in different batch lots.

I have made more changes, mostly more beveled cuts, and finished the center of my new boxes.

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 717
I get mine from PartsExpress.
It comes power coated and isnt much more than what I can purchase locally that isnt.

Mine took so long because of the engraved letters and handles.

Salz - no these are not standard SS15's.
The 12 took 13 sheets. All I have left over is a small pile of strips of various sizes. I retained the overall size and also the baffle angle. Changed the interior.

4pyros - where you located?

maybe one day we can get a HUGE linkup of SS15's ... :)

The NewGuy is much lower, but no louder than Jerry McNutt's one driver vented box, but we know that vented boxes don't make their maxes without
chuffing. OTOH, the NewGuy sure looks ugly above bandpass.

A mod similar to what I proposed for the THAM15 might extend the passband up a bit, but then again, who wants to use a subwoofer box above 200Hz? :)

I wonder if anyone's done any testing to determine if there's any turbulence effects at lower frequencies with the mouth facing the driver rather than down the passageway. One of the reasons why I chose my more complicated fold for my TP was to avoid the possibility of that happening, however small.