Single sheet TH challenge - Page 196 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th July 2013, 07:17 AM   #1951
NEO Dan is offline NEO Dan  United States
diyAudio Member

Lookout Jim they're coming for ya.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11th July 2013, 04:50 PM   #1952
diyAudio Member

I would be happy to share the plan for this build...but...since it's not my original design I will only do so if given the OK by JBell.
Old 12th July 2013, 02:18 PM   #1953
diyAudio Member

will J Bell chime in please?
Old 12th July 2013, 05:49 PM   #1954
jbell is offline jbell  United States
diyAudio Member

For the frequent DIYAudio types -- you may notice I've been kinda MIA lately around here. Things are busy... really busy. (I've got 3 commercial video systems to install in just the next couple weeks, and that's not my day job.) There's so much to do, that the site I've been trying to get off the ground SingleSheetDesigns.com has languished and never officially seen the light of day.

I have several designs, install video's, documentation, etc... and just never got it all put in place so that the requests for designs like this could be honored in an automatic and efficient manner. I also wanted to be able to use PartsExpress wholesale, and/or other connections I have to be able to pass along some driver/plans packages to folks who want to build. Because of this, I don't want to confuse folks with more partial projects. I just don't want to compromise my name that way.

Yes, Ted -- if you want to private message respond to anyone with your google sketchup of the 'simplified' SS18 you and others on the SAC forum have built -- go ahead. However I really need to get a handle on the requests from folks on my HS12's, SS15extended, original SS15, and the new SS18 that I have built/tested but never published.

Hopefully things will slow down a bit and I can get this done for everyone -- till then, apologies to all.
Old 13th July 2013, 04:38 PM   #1955
diyAudio Member

JBell,

Thanks for your blessing to forward this design when requested here.

I definitely understand the 'overrun' bit, I'm eyeball deep in a distributed audio installation with 2 more on deck for when this one's done...and it's festival season, so no exaggeration I have 14 shows this week between club dates & outdoor events with mobile PA! (Cutting the grass is officially postponed)

Ramsey
Old 14th July 2013, 02:12 PM   #1956
diyAudio Member

Jim; Would you consider putting the plans for the pyro box online?
Old 17th July 2013, 10:06 PM   #1957
jbell is offline jbell  United States
diyAudio Member

Sure, the "pyro box" is an SS15 variant, post anything you want in this thread, especially if you have event pictures, measurements, drawings, helpful construction info.

I would love to have it posted.
Old 18th July 2013, 01:58 AM   #1958
mfavata is offline mfavata  United States
diyAudio Member

I've been trying to make my way through this whole thread, and there is a lot of information to digest. I'm looking at building two SS15s soon, buy will probably build the HS12s first. I see that the Dayton PA310 is a recommended driver for it, but I see that it is not recommended for the OT12, which this box was initially based on. Maybe JBell can give me some info on why it works okay in this box?

Does anyone had any pictures of finished HS12s that maybe I haven't gotten to in this thread yet? And has anyone done any real world SPL tests of an HS12 like I've seen for the SS15? I'd love to see them and see what kind of gain/efficiency this cabinet design gives.

One last thing, sorry. I'm too new to send PMs, but I saw somewhere in this thread that 4pyros is from Allentown. I'm from Wilkes-Barre, and I'd love to come hear your SS15s before I commit to building some, if thats ever an option. Thanks.
Old 20th July 2013, 12:08 PM   #1959
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfavata View Post
I've been trying to make my way through this whole thread, and there is a lot of information to digest. I'm looking at building two SS15s soon, buy will probably build the HS12s first. I see that the Dayton PA310 is a recommended driver for it, but I see that it is not recommended for the OT12, which this box was initially based on. Maybe JBell can give me some info on why it works okay in this box?

Does anyone had any pictures of finished HS12s that maybe I haven't gotten to in this thread yet? And has anyone done any real world SPL tests of an HS12 like I've seen for the SS15? I'd love to see them and see what kind of gain/efficiency this cabinet design gives.

One last thing, sorry. I'm too new to send PMs, but I saw somewhere in this thread that 4pyros is from Allentown. I'm from Wilkes-Barre, and I'd love to come hear your SS15s before I commit to building some, if thats ever an option. Thanks.
I use them for the pyro musicals at Mount Airy but sadly they only had one show on the 4th.
I will be out in rain at SAP America today, its down by King of Prussia.
I can keep you updated on our pyro musical shows if you like.
Old 20th July 2013, 12:09 PM   #1960
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell View Post
Sure, the "pyro box" is an SS15 variant, post anything you want in this thread, especially if you have event pictures, measurements, drawings, helpful construction info.

I would love to have it posted.
Most of it is already in this thread, If you like I can list the post numbers.

Hide this!Advertise here!