15" tapped horn with RCF

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
50.jpg

500 ltr version

...what r the outside measurements?

The outside dimensions are 566 x 1008 x 716 mm (w x h x d).
...and made of 18mm birch ply.

...could you post a picture of the horn with dimensions on it?

Sorry, i dont have them on computer... just on paper. But from the section plan in my first post, and the hr input screen u can easily rebuild it... The width of the horn is constant 530 mm.

The outside dimensions are 566 x 1008 x 716 mm (w x h x d).
...and made of 18mm birch ply.

Sorry, i dont have them on computer... just on paper. But from the section plan in my first post, and the hr input screen u can easily rebuild it... The width of the horn is constant 530 mm.

I have been reverse engineering this TH from the plan and the hornresp data.
I found that the taper varied for some of the folded sections, (the third and fourth sections are slightly shallower taper), and that the last section is stepped.
This is not meant as a criticism of what Wood1y has acheived:D
I think that this folding has obviously worked well.
The parallel first section has allowed extra length.
The step on the last section compensates for the area taken by the driver.
I attach a drawing of what I found, showing dimensions extrapolated from the given section plan and outside dimensions.

Attachments

• RCF 6 fold Sk.JPG
    RCF 6 fold Sk.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,402
I also worked it in reverse, some of the dims are a tad different. Black inches (initial guess on scale), red mm. Note that the red is the scaled dimension which has been normalized to the given external dimensions, so will be more accurate. The black inches were guessed at by looking at the woofer.

Thanks Wood1y for a great design.

Cheers, John

Attachments

• tapped horn jpeg.jpg
    tapped horn jpeg.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 1,414
Last edited:
THX :)

No... It is the Warnex textured lacquer... like this.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Its very hard, u cant sctratch it, is waterproof and it still looks good ... I think this is the best choice for PA boxes.

Can you please share some information on the Warnex applying technique that you used?

I will have to paint a few boxes very soon.

Any more info on applying and some pictures will be very welcomed.

Here are the brochures:

I think the brochures are bull****... But u can try their method if u want :) it's never gonna work.

First, u'll need an air compressor for this, and wil have to paint in 2 coats.

I've used 2 types of guns.

1st coat:
With a (high pressure paint gun?) (sorry, i dont know how u call it in english), its that gun, where the bottle is in the bottom...
I've used a 2mm nozzle, and 6-7 bar pressure, from 25-30 cm distance...
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

2nd coat
With an underbody coating gun with a nozzle diameter of 8 or 9 mm, (this unerlined information isn't to find in the brochures, and cost me a lot of money.. so appreciate it :D )

... with 2-3-5 bar pressure, depends on what structure u want.

U can calculate easily with 1,2 L/m2 for the whole work.

And does anyone have a source for this stuff in the US?
Or its equivalent ?

THOMANN
They are shipping to the USA too.

Compliments on a sucessful project.:cool:
I would very much like to see your input parameters for Hornresp.
Also I an very interested in the parallel horn section that is adjacent to the driver. I like how with that extra folded section you have managed to increase the length of the horn and not waste any internal space.
Looks like a compression chamber.
espacenet — Bibliographic data
espacenetImage.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.