Blast King speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've recently purchased a Blast King 15" woofer, model BKW 1556, and the only technical data I have is 300W peak power, 2.5" coil (I think this is big!), magnet weight and nothing else... do anyoneknow something about it, as RMS power, SPL, etc? Thanks!

BTW, sounds great!

You can measure its thiele/small parameters with a piece of software, an amp, and your soundcard. That way you can build a proper box for it. ;)

Hey hey hey! That's too much work! I wanted the easy way! I'm using it in a 1 x 15 cabinet, it has about 110 litres of internal volume (without the speaker), just for play the bass guitar with my band. Sounds great!

Nah, just depends on the motor structure (over huge vs under hung etc). I've heard of 15" drivers with 4" voice coils, but they'd handle a very large amount of power...

Can you post pictures of the woofer? This might give us some clues about it. The Eminence driver will likely have more sensitivity, meaning you can go louder per watt. Handy if you happen to like that sort of thing.

Chris

Nah, just depends on the motor structure (over huge vs under hung etc). I've heard of 15" drivers with 4" voice coils, but they'd handle a very large amount of power...

Can you post pictures of the woofer? This might give us some clues about it. The Eminence driver will likely have more sensitivity, meaning you can go louder per watt. Handy if you happen to like that sort of thing.

Chris

I like more SPL better, and more if they are Eminence speakers, they are great! Also there isn't enough variety of brands here... and current conversion aren't helping us very much.

I use a 1 x 12 and this 1 x 15 cabinet with semi-open back (just 10 cm in the middle, at the back) and this allows me for a bit more treble, and also my drummer can listen me a bit more...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.