Some help with Tesla ARO 942 drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I am seeking some advice in relation to a pair Tesla ARO-942 drivers.

They were purchased from a fellow forum member over 4 months ago, but after some long delays in getting them posted them from Germany/Poland, they finally arrived in on my door step in Oz, this morning.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap...la-alnico-woofers-sell-aro-942-aro-932-a.html

I had grand plans for these drivers, but it seems that my best laid plans gang aft agley, for after an excited unpacking I was crushed to discover that there was a scraping noise when I checked the cone travel. My worst fears were confirmed when I hooked them up to an amplifier only to be greeted by distortion and scratching noises that accompanied the music. I’m severely disappointed in their condition, especially considering the cost and assurance that there were no scratching noises.

I'd like to try and remedy this problem and I was wondering if there is any way these great speakers can be repaired? Any advice would be most appreciated.

In anxious anticipation,

Richard

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.