hooking up anti-mode 8033

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings,

I just bought an anti-mode 8033 subwoofer equalizer. Noticing that my sub-woofer (a Carver Knight Shadow) has two inputs and the anti-mode has one mono output at 0 degrees and another mono output shifted 180 degrees, I first tried running only one of the outputs from the equalizer to the left RCA input on the sub. The sub emitted a hum. So I decided to experiment and attached BOTH the 0 and the 180 degree outputs to both of the inputs on the sub. Reading the manual for the equalizer, it is unclear whether this is truly "bridging" the amp in any way, or perhaps it is a huge mistake! The manual warns us about bridging without knowing if your amp supports this. I have no idea if it does. In any case, there were no obvious tragedies, and the sound output from the system seems OK, though the sub seems weaker than normal. My question: is this a valid way of running output from the equalizer to the sub? Obviously, I know little to nothing about electronics.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.