Dual Sub Mounting Recommendations.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

Looking to build an active sub box for my living room with some spare parts I have in the closet to add to my stereo speakers mounted on my LCD tv (Pinnacle QP5 incase anyone interested).

I have 2 infinity 1230w 12" 4ohm subwoofers and 2 150watt plate amps.

I will be summing the stereo output, then feeding both amps with it. But I will be remounting the plate amps into a new enclosure to sit with my other stereo components.

I was planning to power the subs independently, but have them part of the same box, but seperate isolated air channels (due to the possibility of any differences in outputs from the 2 amps).

For the box, I was planning a sealed box with 1.25 cubic feet for each sub. The rough dimensions of the box would be 15" squared by 26" height.

The box will sit in the left front coner of the room with a house plant sitting ontop.

The question I ask is what's the best layout for the 2 subs and which direction should it be point for best sound quality,
1) mounted on opposite sides of the box (both cones facing out or 1 in 1 out)
2) mounted on adjecent sides.
3) 1 mounted on the side and 1 mounted facing down.
4) Both on the same side (and both cones facing out?)

Many Thanks,

Adrian

For my sub, I put them on opposite sides, with one cone facing in, one cone facing out. Doing this means any non-linearities in the suspension are cancelled, as they'll be moving in opposite directions (if that makes sense). Mounting the drivers like that also means the box doesn't vibrate, which is handy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.