designing simple low pass subwoofer filter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,
can anyone help me in designing simple low pass filter for subwoofer.(8 ohm around 150 w)is it possible to make low pass subwoofer filter only with capacitor and resistor?if yes what will be the values?????i dont neeed all those advanced circuits.just simple one so that only low frequencies can be heard.please help!!!!!

I don't need all those advanced circuits. Just simple one so that only low frequencies can be heard.
A single pole (=6dB/oct = 20dB/dec) will let through a lot of intelligible upper frequencies.
A 2pole will let through less but still hearing too much of the midrange.
A 3pole may be satisfactory, but I would recommend a 4pole low pass filter.

A simple circuit of just a R+C can only give you single pole.
An L+C can give you a two pole.
Both of these can be passive filters, either attached to the speaker input or attached to the power amp input.

If you want 3 or 4 pole you really need to go to an active filter. This is no longer simple. Choose.

Just a big 10mH coil;then 100uF (to O V );then another big coil 8 mH and maybe a 50uF cap (those caps need to be electrolytics ,BP,Bi-Polar ). These components will stop anything over 100 Hz.
Coils can be home made ,just wind enamelled copper wire around a bolt or reel.
Search for a tutorial around the net..if it exists ..

hi,
can anyone help me in designing simple low pass filter for subwoofer.(8 ohm around 150 w)is it possible to make low pass subwoofer filter only with capacitor and resistor?...
No. If you don't want (the use of) an inductor filter, use only 4/6th order bandpass enclosures. It works as an acoustic filter (You can also use smaller coils). Now it all depends on the type of driver/enclosure/frequency.:D
The Subwoofer DIY Page v1.1 - Projects : An INF10 Bandpass Subwoofer

A single pole (=6dB/oct = 20dB/dec) will let through a lot of intelligible upper frequencies.
A 2pole will let through less but still hearing too much of the midrange.
A 3pole may be satisfactory, but I would recommend a 4pole low pass filter.

A simple circuit of just a R+C can only give you single pole.
An L+C can give you a two pole.
Both of these can be passive filters, either attached to the speaker input or attached to the power amp input.

If you want 3 or 4 pole you really need to go to an active filter. This is no longer simple. Choose.

I want a 4 pole active filter for the input of amplifier (TDA2050 and TDA 7293)
I wonder if there is a circuit to do this
Anyone ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.