First dual driver T-Line Enclosure!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I'm new to the forum. This is my first t-line enclosure I built for my 8" subs:D. Pics here

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Rather large gap here :whacko: Hopefully silicone will fix it!

Still need to cut holes for the drivers and glue everything tomorrow...:rolleyes:

GM

Joined 2003
They should ideally be butted together, though if using an offset driver positioning, then measure down its inside length from the closed end and mark it off at 0.349x its measured axial length, then locate the drivers equidistant on either side of this mark and space them a bit to allow a ~0.75" square 'rod' brace be glued to the back of the baffle between the drivers. If this pushes them up into/over the first fold, then mount them with the first driver at the closed end next to the terminus.

GM

I mounted the drivers parallel in the middle and sealed everything together. One driver is flipped around because i was told that this reduces cabinet vibration and lowers distortion. The end result is AWESOME BASS!!! Nice clean and low.. Correction, these are actually 6" drivers (measured from screw holes across). Hits hard down to 30 hertz but has a noticible dip at 40-50 hertz though. Are there any fixes for this other than EQ-ing?

Here you go!!! Not the best cuts in the world but it works beautifully!

My first two ported boxes on the left..

Drivers here

Massive port :eek: compared to the old port

Enjoy!!! I might post up a video later..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.