tapped horn for midbass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frequency range 80hz to 300hz

Hi soundhead,

Imo, The only way to reach 300 Hz is by using a very constricted throat, not Rek., or by Eq a couple of dB:s..:eek:

b:)

Attachments

• Selenium-mid-TH.GIF
    Selenium-mid-TH.GIF
    95.8 KB · Views: 679
  • SeleniumTH.JPG
    SeleniumTH.JPG
    486.1 KB · Views: 661
Then all else equal, you'll need a smaller driver with a higher power handling/Xmax to offset its lack of piston area (Sd) in a Prof. Leach derived alignment. Sadly, if I posted its design details, there's folks that would do their damnedest to immorally profit from such knowledge, so for a variety of personal reasons I posted it only to prove at least in a sim that's it's probably a viable alignment for folks to pursue on their own.

GM

Then all else equal, you'll need a smaller driver with a higher power handling/Xmax to offset its lack of piston area (Sd) in a Prof. Leach derived alignment. Sadly, if I posted its design details, there's folks that would do their damnedest to immorally profit from such knowledge, so for a variety of personal reasons I posted it only to prove at least in a sim that's it's probably a viable alignment for folks to pursue on their own.

GM

So how *big* is it? (Just overall cubic footage is ok). I've gotten similar passbands out of standard front loaded - I just was curious if there was a size advantage to a tapped horn here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.