55-1195 8"er's what box - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th May 2010, 03:46 PM   #1
cjq is offline cjq  United States
diyAudio Member

Default 55-1195 8"er's what box

Hi , I have 6 8" 55-1195 poly cone speakers and 6 D25TG's tweeters I had a thought of using the 6 8 inchers in a single enclosure as a base producer. The HF D25TG's could be for another project . The speakers came to me in 705 cu. in. boxes(6 units.) They are ported w/ 2" X 3 1/2 " tubes. They sound like crap. My thought was to build an inf. baffle enclosure using the 6 8 inchers. I have a woodwork shop and material is no problem. I plan to use the finished product for a home theater wuffer.
Am I drinking paint?? or should I do the expirement.

CJQ
I started in hi-fi back in the mid fifty's and at that time multi speakers in a single enclosure were the hot setup. Is this theory blown away with modern technology?
I remember when "bi-noral" was reproduced with a tone arm having two heads and dual record groves. and turntables were stone. haa haa
Old 28th May 2010, 09:01 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Download
Telstra BigBlog -
Read
Simple Tapped Horn Tutorial using Hornresp - AVS Forum
Have fun!!!
Old 28th May 2010, 11:54 PM   #3
cjq is offline cjq  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi BPI, Thanks for the response,,,I have some reading and digesting to do,,lol. I'll be back with more questions ,I'm sure

CJQ
Old 29th May 2010, 08:15 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

BP1Fan, thanks for the links. Now I see what the fuss is about on tapped horns! My blog has some ideas on filtering so that X-max is not exceeded

My blog
Consort3′s Blog

Hide this!Advertise here!