55-1195 8"er's what box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi , I have 6 8" 55-1195 poly cone speakers and 6 D25TG's tweeters I had a thought of using the 6 8 inchers in a single enclosure as a base producer. The HF D25TG's could be for another project . The speakers came to me in 705 cu. in. boxes(6 units.) They are ported w/ 2" X 3 1/2 " tubes. They sound like crap. My thought was to build an inf. baffle enclosure using the 6 8 inchers. I have a woodwork shop and material is no problem. I plan to use the finished product for a home theater wuffer.
Am I drinking paint?? or should I do the expirement.

CJQ
I started in hi-fi back in the mid fifty's and at that time multi speakers in a single enclosure were the hot setup. Is this theory blown away with modern technology?
I remember when "bi-noral" was reproduced with a tone arm having two heads and dual record groves. and turntables were stone. haa haa

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.