JBL 4530 Replica

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've build some new JBL 4530 replicas with Precision Devices PD154. Deep loud bass coming out. Have only left to sand and color it down.

Here some pics.
LGIM0442.jpg

LGIM0419.jpg

LGIM0448.jpg

LGIM0450.jpg

LGIM0449.jpg

LGIM0462.jpg

'Junior'
Nice...really nice.. Your system is kinda like what I'm looking for.Ultra High Db levels...as I am making a tube amp with only 2.2 Watts worth of output power.
Do you have some specifics we can all mull over???? Have you done some Qtc calculations?? SPLs' ???
I believe I recognize that HF driver from the Partsexpress listings....The 106 Db 'tweeter' in the "pro-sound" sections.

____________________________________________________Rick...

..No deep bass out of a 4530, it's too short..

Agree, See the quick ‘clone’ simulation= Picture (1) and the picture (2) where the PD.154 driver is used too for bass but IMO a sub bas should have at least similar performance to the in picture shown Eminence-Definimax-18LF driver.

b

Attachments

• JBL-4530_clone_using-PD.154.JPG
    JBL-4530_clone_using-PD.154.JPG
    195.9 KB · Views: 192
  • PD.154-bass.JPG
    PD.154-bass.JPG
    628.2 KB · Views: 187
@bjorno; not only PD154 data, your other calculations are way off too.. (VTC, ATC, S1, horn lenght..!?)

Hi,

Here are the revised pictures (correcting the T/S data):..

My ‘bad’ PD.154 data was consistent with the larger than in reality Mms that only scaled down the SPL not the performance more than marginally.

:nownow: :) I don’t think my simulations are way off at all. You’ve simulated a ND but this particular speaker is practically IMO, an OD Horn.

I choose the OD template because the picture I submitted of the original depicts an offset driver and not uniquely a separate compliance chamber.

The first smallest CSA radius at the very first bend is about 10 cm i.e. the CSA would be 10 x 56.5 = 565 cm but starts shrinking conically from the CSA=16.8 x 56.5= 898 cm^3: (21.6-3.8-1.9 = 16.8) cm).

The more sections and CSA’s the (OD) horn uses, is IMO more closer to the original than a perfect exp expansion but you may have followed your own simulation very closely but that’s completely another issue.

b

Attachments

• JBL-4530_clone_using-PD.154-rev.JPG
    JBL-4530_clone_using-PD.154-rev.JPG
    526.8 KB · Views: 223
  • PD.154-bass-rev.JPG
    PD.154-bass-rev.JPG
    793.8 KB · Views: 163
Did you used the tool option "combined response" from the cone and the horn mouth ? It sims like not. The dip in SPL in reality appears between 150-160Hz like in my simulation and not at 400 hz. Compression chamber has a 34 liter and not 1,69 liter. 4530 it's a rear loaded horn.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.