I really need some details for this driver. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th April 2010, 09:34 AM   #1
Boscoe is offline Boscoe  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default I really need some details for this driver.

I've got this driver out of an old enclosure which is past it but the driver is in great condition. I always remember this sub sounding great and so I want to re-enclose it in 4th order band pass for a bit of a project as don't actually need this sub (it was a spare). I want it to sound good and so I want the enclosure to be correct sizes and that but I can't find the details of this driver any where. I think it is just one of those cheap ones but here goes this is what it says on the magnet of the driver:

MFL-SA130-01A

4Ohm 20W

Thanks any help would be appreciated. If the detail can't be found could someone point me in the direction to get one of a similar size and good price from the UK please!
Old 18th April 2010, 05:19 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

If you want to use that driver, you will have to measure the Thiele/Small parameters.

That code could be from a Tesla driver with 130 mm nominal diameter. If it is old it may be discontinued. Or it may be an OEM part made by Tesla which means in both cases you won't get any information about it. The Tesla company is now known as Reproduktory TVM Valašské Meziříčí. Maybe you find a driver that looks similar to the one you have on their homepage.

Or you could post a photo so somebody may recognize it by the looks.

Hide this!Advertise here!