Need drivers for some dual 18 cabinets - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd May 2010, 06:34 PM   #31
imix500 is offline imix500  United States
Proud Union Member
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by droberts View Post
something i've noticed going out to alot of electronic shows lately is that the subs will kick all night but eventually , either the dj's get deaf , or equally likely is that the horns in the mains start to overheat to the point where all you hear are scratchy highs. This is one of the main issues I am hoping to combat , maybe by upgrading my mains or taking backups so I can rotate the mains out ????????
Well, there are several possibilities there. The provider could have not brought "enough rig for the gig" which is fairly common for weekend warrior types and parts of the pa could be shutting down.
Also realize that our ears go into compression on their own partly as a means of protection with extended exposure to high spl's.
The DJ monitor package can help compensate for this by having "Texas headphones" for him or her to control as that person slowly goes deaf for the night. As an example there are a few DJ's that spec pretty much a medium sized pa on either side of them just as monitors- "Texas headphones"
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:50 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

Default neato

thats a pretty good idea . give me an example of a decent texas headphone rig you've seen out ?
Old 3rd May 2010, 02:07 AM   #33
imix500 is offline imix500  United States
Proud Union Member
diyAudio Member

I think my two favorites are a Meyer CQ-1 on top of a 600hp on either side. That one i've done myself and is very effective. Also, it's a killer drum fill monitor.
One of the largest I've seen is for DJ Motismo, or Mossimo or something. Anyway, a very well known DJ. His Rider calls for 5 dv-DOSC on a dv-SUB (which is cardioid btw) on either side. Pretty crazy. There are YouTube videos of him with his Texas Headphones.

Hide this!Advertise here!