Bjorno is this correct

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
166031d1270654818-tapped-horn-need-fixing-ciare-18-huge-horn.gif

It's far more practical to split a large horn up into multiple cabs - rather than design one big box. 32 cubes per "box" is about as big as you would want, and your requirements would take 12 of them with an efficient (i.e. Danley) fold. Look at what it takes to do 26 Hz (the sub, anyway...)

Attachments

• armageddon.JPG
    armageddon.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 245
The picture here above depicts mid bass designs with horn efficiency only peaking above the pass band of a typical sub.

I don’t think the OP: s question was about the portability of the horn at all or by using more than just one specific driver. (That later showed up to be a Ciare18.00SW.) See:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/164296-need-some-help-please.html#post2140463

‘The consequences when stating: ‘25hz to 90 Hz at 130 db’ with a unknown driver but the T/S shown and then the proposed cabinet type(the picture with driver RCE 18N401)in the link here above resulted in:

‘See the 11 m^3 horn shown in the submitted picture’

I just stayed on topic but could easily have shown stackable mid bass designs, all dropping off at 40 Hz or earlier and similar to designs I’ve made for PA_Live environments nearly 40 years ago using more modern drivers, of course.

Then if applying a lot of Eq: ing and a lot of power waste compared to the horn I showed which has a system efficiency over 50%, I find the non OP supported suggestion being way off topic.

Further, So far: No one but the OP knows what the use of this sub is intended for.

So I will continue to answer the OP questions, still consistent with the given questions:

..Bjorno if we drop the freq to 25 hz how big will the horn be with the same db..

See the picture:

Hint: Its time to put some effort into learning HR!;)

b

Attachments

• Ciare-18.00SW-25_28Hz-horn.JPG
    Ciare-18.00SW-25_28Hz-horn.JPG
    469.8 KB · Views: 220
Bjorno I must say i know anything about about speaker design

The subs are for outdoor use danehall setting
Bass compettion
The ciare 18 sw is it good for tapped horn, scoop or horn load i do not know. that is you i ask what would this driver play best in.

Here are some suggestions I think are more in the line:

b

Attachments

• Ciare-18.00SW-PA-horn_TH.JPG
    Ciare-18.00SW-PA-horn_TH.JPG
    748.1 KB · Views: 171
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.