My transmission line subs 4-21"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here is the spec sheet

Attachments

• pyle-PDW2125-spec.gif
    pyle-PDW2125-spec.gif
    86.8 KB · Views: 296
i had electrician over this morning to pull another circuit for my sub amp(s) they didnt believe me that I was popping the one that was already there so i had to show them. its much more powerful now. I just ordered 3 more of these subs, 1 to replace one that I fried today, and 2 to make 2 more TL subs with. That will put me at 6 total. ill be happy there. (for now)

Well usually anything with a qts well below 0.2 has most of the coil already in the gap and a very large magnet to cone ratio. This speaker has about a moderate amount of magnet, and if it really has 9mm of xmax the generic specs from the site are realistic sounding, and you'd have a broadly useful sub driver to design with. Maybe the extremely low Q "version" would work OK in a horn, I have about zero experience with that, but it usually means you're going to get a -3dB point well above Fs for any other type of box, although it might be darned efficient.

Do you have any info in regards to construction build of these monsters?

I would love to build something like those but I think my height would be no taller than 8.5 feet tall and just 2 of them.

Either way those are very impressive. I dont think any youtube or video will do those any justice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.