The Biggest SUBWOOFER of the WORLD (in Milano) - full power down to 10Hz - Galerie - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th March 2010, 02:59 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

The unspoken benefit of the rotary subwoofer is that for its output, it literally sips power. They can pound all-day-long at maximum output and never suffer power compression. One of these in a building is ridiculous. Two, mounted to the end of a 55 foot shipping container, could be considered a weapon of some sort. Only caveat, it's good up to around 40 Hz, so you'd still need some kit to match it up to the tops.
Old 30th March 2010, 05:55 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

here two mini subwoofer projects from me, compare to that one from royaldevices in Milano:
one arround 2000 liters vented chamber (2x Precision Devices PD2150) and one with 4000 liters vented chamber (6x Precision Devices PD184 complete wall separating)
more pics you will find on my website (click on "tiefbassuebertr" and "contact info and then the URL of my home page)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PD2150 Einbau I.JPG (23.7 KB, 1122 views)
File Type: jpg PD2150 Einbau II.JPG (31.1 KB, 1108 views)
File Type: jpg PD2150 Einbau III.JPG (31.1 KB, 1105 views)
File Type: jpg 6xPD184 4000 liters vented II.JPG (728.8 KB, 1117 views)

Last edited by tiefbassuebertr; 30th March 2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 1st April 2010, 06:04 PM   #13
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipC View Post
Sorry tie
A bit old news. Still cool never the less.
The only thing the same is the woofers. Everything else seems to be updated as of 2010. Besides, this is the guys listening room.
Old 8th April 2010, 01:02 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

@ tiefbassuebertr

And what would you do with two pd.2450 ??? ;-)
Any recommendations ? Now I use one in a 365 Lit Bassreflex case.
Have another one. It comes in my new house. My living room would be about 50m2, (5,83x 8,48)
Maybe one on the left side of the front, another one on the right side.

Any good ideas?

thanks
Old 25th October 2010, 04:36 PM   #15
cr0wl3y is offline cr0wl3y  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone understand what the 3 x A-DIMENSIONAL ACCELERATORS is?
Old 25th October 2010, 04:58 PM   #16
soho54 is offline soho54  United States
diyAudio Member

What, you don't have any equipment to accelerate the light moving through your S/PDIF interconnects, thus having it travel through time in a specialized pocket dimension at the center of a power triangle (where the quantum shift happens,) which enable playback of the original sounds before any distortion could be added by the recording process?

Me neither, but that's about all I can make of this thing. That thing is low tech compared to the bag of rocks you attach to the interconnects from another outfit though.
Old 25th October 2010, 05:01 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Long ago, I was reading a book about sonic booms. The research group built something that looked like an acoustic isolation booth - in reverse. Had a big number of woofers along the surface in order to create sonic boom experience inside.

Now THAT is serious bass.
Old 25th October 2010, 08:05 PM   #18
soho54 is offline soho54  United States
diyAudio Member

If you want to talk sonic booms there is always Georgia Tech's Sonic boom generator designed by Tom Danley.

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/ca...1994028995.pdf
Attached Images
File Type: gif www.gif (156.3 KB, 830 views)
Old 25th October 2010, 08:17 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Right! That's what I need to play Danley's fun test record with trains, bikes, and fireworks.

Thanks for write-up. Funny thing, talking about all this philosophy of getting Carnegie Hall faithfully into your living room (ha, ha), not an issue when talking about sonic booms in your living room because that is their authentic home in the first place.

(I was reading that sonic boom book I mentioned in my post... about 40 yrs ago.)
Old 26th October 2010, 04:54 PM   #20
cr0wl3y is offline cr0wl3y  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

The more I read around this royal device site, the less impressed I am. Full of snake-oil and ridiculous claims of grandeur, reminiscent of the Affordable Valve nutter. My favourite (other than the quantum accelerator) has to be the SUPER EPIGENETIC internal cabling and external connection.

Out of interest, does anyone understand how you can make an amplifier with no active components, driven only by transformers? That's the claim here:

AMPLIFICATORE VERO - ROYAL DEVICE Hi-Efficiency Loudspeakers Audiophile speaker systems High fidelity systems Sistemi di altoparlanti hi-end HiFi ed Alta Efficienza Lautsprecher Diffusori acustici stereo Enceintes acoustiques

Hide this!Advertise here!