1/4 Wave Flared Vent T-Line/Horn/Bass Reflex Enclosure Calculator - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Subwoofers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th March 2010, 08:03 AM   #1
heyday is offline heyday  United States
diyAudio Member

Default 1/4 Wave Flared Vent T-Line/Horn/Bass Reflex Enclosure Calculator

1/4 Wave Flared Vent T-Line/Horn/Bass Reflex Enclosure Calculator | DB DYNAMIX AUDIO

Click the image to open in full size.

I ran upon the calculator (online Excel Spreadsheet) for this design while researching tapped horns. However, I have not been able to find any information about this particular design.

It's not important. I doubt that it can perform as well as a tapped horn/pipe design.

But, looking at the box itself, and the similarities it shares with the DIY enclosure designs posted here at this forum such as the furybox, the THMini, and jbell's tapped horn construction as examples, I was wondering how hard it might be for someone skilled in programming (or excell spreadsheets) to modify this calculator to input the relevant hornresp data of the modeled horn segments and easily calculate a preferred enclosure based upon the designer's preferred outside box dimensions, provided, of course, that the required parameters can be made to fit the modeler's constraints?

Just an idea that I thought might be a useful time-saver for those who do a lot of TH sims.

If it's a flawed idea it won't be my first. Click the image to open in full size.

Dane
Old 14th September 2010, 11:53 PM   #2
lolojr1 is offline lolojr1  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to lolojr1 Send a message via Yahoo to lolojr1
It sounds like your looking for the advanced stuff like bass box
That program is great its easy to use and very straightforward
I hope the horn stuff gets easy too

Hide this!Advertise here!